How is the driver assist?

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by Zappo Marx, Feb 13, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Zappo Marx

Zappo Marx New Member

I’m considering switching from my Model Y to an ID.4, mainly to save money. I can live without the performance. But I really like the Autopilot for highway driving. Anyone have thoughts on how VW’s “Travel Assist” compares? Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Only driven a tesla a couple times but the highway driver assist is more like adaptive cruise control mixed with lane keeping. Fine for basic high driving and making a long commute (southern Maine to MA) much easier. How much money are you saving if you already own the model Y? What does the math break down to?

4. can't compare it to a Tesla, only from our previous 2019 Kona EV, but driver assist I would say is mediocre It works but has a tendency to drift a bit within the lane. I find some days it works great and others not so well. could be the condition of the lines on the nearby highways, but have had variation on the same road at different times of the day. So it has lane assist, travel assist (combo of lane assist and smart cruise control) and just plain old smart crusie control--at least on the Pro S model. Travel assist seems to work the best. It will warn you if you hands are not on the wheel for about a minute or so, but I would give the travel assist an overall C grade. Our Kona travel assist worked much better.