High mileage Clarity owners

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by SC Clarity, Feb 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. alter

alter Member

Well, the difference is the chevy volt maintenance minder actually let you go up to two years without an oil change, so the engineers were confident enough in their vehicle to let you do that and honour their warranty. It is up to you whether you want to do the same with your clarity. I'm just erring on the side of caution.

insightman likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

The maintenance minder is a lie (most of the time) to encourage dealer maintenance. The car always recommends oil changes for any time it has a service reminder. The way to know this is to reset the tire rotation maintenance after rotating them yourself (or other minder items) and the oil change reminder will go away. If the oil change reminder does not go away then you really need an oil change. I bet my clarity had 7 unnecessary oil changes because of this.

4. Joe S.

Joe S. New Member

I'm the original owner of my 2018 Clarity (9/2018) and have just passed 21,000 miles. It galls me to change the oil when I know it's virtually unused (I'm a senior and 95% of my driving is EV only) but I'm saving so much on gas that I don't begrudge the oil changes at my dealership to chance violating the warranty. Car is still 100% original, runs great, and we love it!. I ran a 16 amp, 220 volt charger to my garage and it works fine for my use. I get about 50 miles EV in the summer and 31 in our Erie PA winters. I wish it had AWD/4WD and had a bigger gas tank for those trips I hope to take after Covid dies out, but I can't see buying an ICE car ever again.

Louis Nisenbaum and Emagin like this.