US IONIQ 5 Trim Features

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by GaryClark, Jan 3, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

What did dealers say their Dealer Markup was? (Choose Multiple)

1. 1K

6.3%
  2. 2K

6.3%
  3. 3K

43.8%
  4. 4K

6.3%
  5. 5K

56.3%
  6. 6K

12.5%
  7. 7K

18.8%
  8. Added Baloney Treatments

68.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I test drove the RWD and it was ok. Compared to my Niro EV, it doesn’t feel as quick or like it has as much torque. To me it feels similar to the RWD VW ID.4…ok but nothing exciting.

The Niro range is only rated at 239 but, for my driving conditions, combo local & highway roughly 40 miles a day, I have averaged 4.5 miles/KWh over 5k miles, so far, exceeding its rating.

The AWD will provide the extra power for when you want/need it. I think range is going to be wildly different for different people based upon driving style, conditions etc.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I did too based upon the reviews. In person, that is not the case & exactly why I took that picture. The Niro is underrated for what it is. The IONIQ 5 is a different animal, more refined etc. but, the Niro EV is a pretty decent starter EV.

The price was right…got $11,300 lease cash and it was a good way to convince me EV is the way to go.

4. danrjones

danrjones Active Member

Can someone who has looked at the trims confirm something for me? To get adaptive cruise, you need to step up to the SEL with Highway Driving Assist Lvl 2?

Or is there still adaptive cruise on the SE?

How are the rear air vents? I don't have them on my Leaf, it would be nice for longer drives, but with cloth seats I've found the car feels less hot to begin with.

5. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    electriceddy likes this.
  6. EMUL

EMUL New Member

I keep checking the online Federal tax credit list but still don't see the Ioniq 5 (though EV6 is there). Anyone know more about how this works?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. danrjones

danrjones Active Member

thanks! So if I just want Adaptive Cruise, a SE would be fine. I'll miss the heated steering wheel on my Leaf but that's about it.

Has anyone compared the LED reflector headlights in the SE to the projectors in the SEL?
    IIHS rates headlights but the I5 isn't rated yet.

9. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC

10. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    So the VA dealer had four separate colored IONIQ 5’s under lot lighting during my evening drop in. All with the ever so widely seen black trim. The Digital Teal is way better in person than photos or videos can show with the most prominent metal flake. I don't think it's a flip flop flake but with less light coming back the further the car is away at an angle the more dark with a teal/blue favor it is. The Phantom Black had as much metal flake but under 6K light reflected back a wide gamma of colors. The Cyber Gray has the least flake besides the Arctic White which had ZERO. All this metal flake is in the size of the most fine glitter you’ve seen shed from those Christmas Cards. If I were getting the black trimmed IONIQ 5 so far it would be in order of preference: Digital Teal, Cyber Gray then the Phantom Black and the Appliance Arctic White last. Yup, it that kind of white!! Hopefully the other VA dealer or my local NC 3K over MSRP dealer will have the Lucid Blue and Shooting Star Gray (Matte). These are screen shots of video I shot that may help despite the water spots and lighting. I attached a clip at the bottom that you can see a high gloss strip on the side lower rocker panel I hadn’t heard mention or noticed. The black plastic oddly is soft to the touch in texture but obviously a hard surface. Not a bad material choice and rather acceptable frankly. You'll just have to be persistent and keeping it clean and wax off it.

Phantom Black IMG_0143.JPG
    Phantom Black A Pillar IMG_0144.JPG
    Arctic White IMG_0145.JPG
    Arctic White A Pillar IMG_0147.JPG
    Digital Teal fades too.. IMG_0154.JPG
    ..this which is the same Digital Teal IMG_0155.JPG
    Digital Teal Up Close IMG_0150.JPG
    Cyber Gray IMG_0151.JPG
    Cyber Gray A Pillar IMG_0147.JPG
    Profile of Gloss Black Strip on all Black Trim IMG_0146.JPG

Yes it's as flat and as White as your base appliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  11. I have used this unpainted moldings restorer for years now for all the exterior plastic trims.
    [​IMG]
    The stuff is fantastic, and lasts a long time. Try to put it on when vehicle is new... and no more UV affect:)
    See @1:20 of this video:

GaryClark likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Silverwax Unpainted Mouldings Restorer sounds like a fine Canadian product, but it doesn't appear to be available in the US so I'll give this product (made in China) a try: Meguiar's Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer.

GaryClark likes this.
  14. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

To me, the white looks best... so I guess I like the appliance look! LOL! Not a fan of the weird new age colours trying to make it look so different than everything else. It screams look at me!

GaryClark likes this.
  15. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    Imagine a Phantom Black Limited wrapped in this color Red to contrast the satin trim bits. Now that; that is screaming look at me.
    IMG_0156.JPG

Newby4EV likes this.
  16. Kind of how the EV6 looks in Runway Red…

E4D7E61A-7924-429A-B449-396FB90A0EF7.jpeg 71C1BE20-0975-43AA-BAA2-0B8904BA02ED.jpeg

GaryClark and Newby4EV like this.
  17. Here’s a recent pic of a Lucid Blue.

C1C15BC6-85BA-40B2-970C-C3AFCD4D1A59.jpeg

Tony S and GaryClark like this.
  18. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    Highway sighting of a dealership lot and after work stop to get my first look at a Shooting Star IONIQ 5. I have to say I’m not in love with the price or future care anymore than that “Dealers Adjustment” but it is my favorite. Looking back at the dethroned favorite Digital Teal photo has me wondering if that charge cover paint will look that off in sunlight. Painted plastics seldom work and makes me wish they gave the door an aluminum skin. Now how about that two tone interior. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ride_Da_Lightning likes this.
  19. It’s definitely a striking presentation, different & quite sharp looking. My brother-in-law owns a Hyundai Kona Ironman (special/ltd. edition)
    6E275E1C-F492-4468-BE02-09E726075D86.jpeg
    and it is nothing but a P.I.T.A to take care of and costly to protect it properly. No such thing as just a simple wash. He ended up doing a ceramic coating & clear bra wrap (entire front & mirrors) and boy was it costly, I believe somewhere in the area close to $3k. If you are truly considering the Shooting Star Matte Gray on the IONIQ 5 or the Steel Matte Gray on the EV6, do your research & get some quotes first as it will add significant costs. It’s very easy to mess that paint up and repairs are extra costly.

I keep going back & forth between the Lucid Blue & Cyber Gray and am currently leaning towards the Cyber Gray as my first choice.
    2B8F61DB-FF77-4772-97B1-B8E7DFF7E3B1.jpeg

20. michael-in-raleigh

michael-in-raleigh New Member

77kw RWD Arctic White SE with gray/white interior driven home today, no-haggle MSRP from Johnson Hyundai in Cary, NC... Raleigh suburb
    largest dealer in NC first 5s in NC off the truck yesterday and in my garage tonight i wanted the SEL, but the wife said no

i was under the impression that all the 77kws came with the charger handle with the adapter to power AC items?!?!
    am i just wrong? is there an aftermkt adapter yet?

electriceddy and insightman like this.
  21. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Regarding the adapter to power AC items, does the Ioniq 5 come with any extras at all? Did you even get a Level 1 charging cord like the least expensive EVs usually include?

22. Hyundai Ionic 5 V2L connector part#916B1G1020 available here:
    https://hyundaishop.com/shop-by-model/2022-hyundai-ioniq-5-v2l-connector-q006/

The Limited trim would also have included a power outlet under the rear seat.
    Enjoy your new car;)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  23. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    I poked my head in a SEL sub trunk and as I, you should find a blue colored cable apperatus that is your (emergency) provided charge cable. (Pull up on the truck floor cover by the loop by the hasp just inside the opening.) That will get you going.

Tom Mahogany's YouTube channel will fill in the blanks as to a fast at home unit. Follow his advice as he has tested more of these systems than we all have combined used. He reviews these regularly so dig in to his channel until he gets his web site going. Here is the feature list again to confirm what came on the SE. If you see any errors please let me know. I will note the SEL passenger seat was all manual (slide, tilt and lift) Could you return the favor? When you plug in and are charging take a photo of the front dead center of the car at low position and let us know if the SE comes with the charge status LED's in between those two satin garnishes. Also let us know if those two front bumper garnish light up with the lights or parking lights on. The charge status can be seen at the rear charge door as well as the dash. I'm interested in the color of your interior and how comfortable the rear head rests are in cloth.

Hope this helps and enjoy this warm front we have at the moment to take a spin just because. Get your Electrify America account set up and carry that sneaking little hidden power cable with you for the trip. You can store it in the front truck for ease of access.

Attached Files: