EV6 research in one place

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by Gary Buck, Feb 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Gary Buck

Gary Buck New Member

I hope this is OK - I have an EV6 on order and have been trawling through everything I could find. Then forgetting where I found it. I created a website with tag clouds and search capability.

I make nothing from the site

Kia EV6 (wordpress.com)

Texas22Step, Remy C and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Wow! That's a lot of information in one place that will benefit many of the EV6-curious. I hope you love your EV6 as much after you get it--based on the amount of work you've done here, you must have high expectations.

I'm waiting for a rear wiper, which will probably appear about the time all US dealers are selling the EV6 at the manufacturer's suggested retail price or less (maybe in 3 years?).

Thanks!

Texas22Step likes this.
  4. Gary Buck

Gary Buck New Member

You should have searched my site for 'wiper' and you'd have been pointed to the 8 minute mark of this video

Has made me wonder if I'll miss no rear wiper

5. insightman

I was hoping to find news that Kia heard the clamoring for a rear wiper and decided to offer it as an option.

I'd guess that people who drive mostly on the expressway will benefit from the EV6's aerodynamics clearing the rear window as the video suggests. However, people like me who drive mostly in the city won't be able to count on the wind to clean off the schumtz.

I've read complaints from Ioniq 5 owners about the rear-window schmutz-clearing problem at low speeds. At least the EV6 doesn't suffer from the Ioniq 5's problem of having snow-collecting shelves in front of the headlights.

6. cstrimel

cstrimel New Member

This is great. Thanks for the work and I look forward to any updates you make. I am 6 months into a 3-year lease on a Kia Niro EV, which I love, and am hoping to upgrade to the EV6 when the lease ends.

Gary Buck likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Jim1960

Jim1960 Member

What's the latest on possible USA EV6 deliveries?

9. insightman

Deliveries have begun ahead of schedule. However, the small numbers being delivered are giving many unkind dealers the opportunity to lard on $10K markups and lots of unrequested dealer "options."

10. Gary Buck

Gary Buck New Member

insightman likes this.
  11. JONATHAN BARTON

JONATHAN BARTON New Member

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. JONATHAN BARTON

JONATHAN BARTON New Member

I just fitted a rear view camera, problem solved.