Texas $2,500 EV Cash Grants Available for Plug-in Vehicles

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Texas22Step, Jan 5, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bemsha

Bemsha Member

when did you get the email notice that yours was approved? I got a reservation number Nov 10th and got approved about 9-10 days ago. Kinda curious when that checks coming:D

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

I got the email notification of award on Jan 5, 2022. Still awaiting check (as of last mail delivery to my address Jan 22). But, as I posted, I am relaxed and in SWW mode now that I am just waiting for the check to appear in my mailbox, which I am guessing will arrive sometime in February. I'll post the arrive date when it happens. Hope yours is in the same batch.

4. Bemsha

Bemsha Member

looks like you’re about 9 days ahead of me. But yeah I’m of them same mindset, just chill and wait. But I can’t help but keep it on my mind every time I check the mail lol.

5. Texas22Step

FYI, the rebate grant check arrived in yesterday's USPS mail...

wessy, MallowMan, insightman and 2 others like this.
  6. Martha

Martha Member

Wanted to give everyone an update. I applied for the rebate on 12/10/2021. On 01/27/2022 someone from the department actually reached out to let me know the dealer had missed a signature on the application got it corrected and on 02/09/2022 I received my email where I was approved.
    FYI Currently the department has granted 146.

Texas22Step and GvilleGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Texas22Step

UPDATE: The following notice from TCEQ has been sent out under date of July 6, 2022,that the rebate program for EVs (including MINI SEs) in Texas has reached its funding limit, so no further applications in this round will be accepted:
    "Update – Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase or Lease Incentive Program
    The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality has suspended acceptance of applications for hydrogen fuel cell or other electric-drive (plug-in or plug-in hybrid) vehicles under the Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase or Lease Incentive Program (LDPLIP). The current number of applications and reservations received by TCEQ for these vehicles exceeds the 2,000 rebate grants available for this funding period."