US IONIQ 5 Trim Features

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by GaryClark, Jan 3, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

What did dealers say their Dealer Markup was? (Choose Multiple)

1. 1K

6.3%
  2. 2K

6.3%
  3. 3K

43.8%
  4. 4K

6.3%
  5. 5K

56.3%
  6. 6K

12.5%
  7. 7K

18.8%
  8. Added Baloney Treatments

68.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    This is the initial specifications released and serves as a guide. If you see an option listed but it doesn't show on any trim it is because Canada got it and the US hasn't or hasn't said. Speaking of which everyone should know the US passenger seat isn't the relaxation seat seen in other markets base on reviews and you'll have to share what you find out about it's range of motion base on trim. If you send me the facts I'll gladly update the PDF attached. Most notable omissions is rear seat heaters which for RWD owners with no Heat Pump; will find a chilling winter experience. I would encourage you in saying that there are dealers that will sell at MSRP but they are the exception. Given the expensive price tag I would find them and use the Federal Credit to take the hit off the MSRP and not the Dealer Markup. While looking for a Hyundai PHEV I found Hyundai 112 and Balise Hyundai of Fairfield to be at MSRP in verbal communications (no-purchase). In summary the IONIQ 5 is a temperature finicky charging EV that hasn't shown us the real world range we all expected from a dedicated platform. My NC Day One Reservation is in limbo until Hyundai renews their printed and stated commitment to sell in NC & GA in 2022 or 2023 or 2024 so until then...what do you owners think? Everyone really want's to know your use case and experience from purchase to trim choices to driving. Take my survey at the top with what you found dealers telling you their "Dealer Adjustment" was and if they stuffed over priced dealer treatments on it. I polled all the PHEV findings which I'm sure will be the same two weeks later on another "in demand," "limited quantity," "hard to get," "low allocation" or what ever else they tell you about the IONIQ 5. Shoot straight and ask up front what their "Dealer Adjustment" is. Don't argue and certainly to bother going over to talk to the sales manager routine. You can use Hyundai's web page on another vehicle like a SantaFe PHEV to find the dealers that are ready to carry the IONIQ 5 with training and parts. If they don't gladly tell you they are at MSRP over the phone then they are over and often by up to as much as 7K. Cheers...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KirkG13

KirkG13 New Member

Gary, heat pump or not, I don't think that affects the "possible" temperatures in the rear of the cabin, just the energy cost to keep that it warm?
    This is assuming that the standard PTC heater is designed to be able to warm the cabin even in very cold climates. We know that the heat pump stops being effective at very cold temps (<-25C?) and those cars would then also need to use their PTC heating element.
    But yes, seat warmers would be more efficient than heating the cabin...

4. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    "This is assuming that the standard PTC heater is designed to be able to warm the cabin even in very cold climates. We know that the heat pump stops being effective at very cold temps (<-25C?) and those cars would then also need to use their PTC heating element.
    But yes, seat warmers would be more efficient than heating the cabin."

Yes -13F is very cold and heat pumps work better (or at all) in more mild climates. Not sure about how efficient (energy or comfort) the PTC heater is until it's tested. I only know Hyundai describes the Heat Pump and Battery Heating System in the same breath. As far as consumers go with bitterly cold climates I, like you, think the direct application of heat to one person would be more satisfying than something in the air duct. Maybe the battery heater was mis-printed and is available in the RWD also but if not it'll be best to have a garage for sub-zero temps to aid charging and cabin preconditioning.

5. I decided on the RWD SEL. Made a deposit with a Dallas dealer today. Reserved a unit in transit. Dealer has no ADM, requires no additional options and there are no dealer fees. I couldn't answer on the survey, there is no line for $0. I'm in Houston so I do not require heated rear seats or a heat pump. Looking forward to getting the vehicle in the next month.

Sravanthi, Tony S, Louie D and 2 others like this.
  6. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    Unfortunately I can't edit the survey and should have included the $0 answer. Thanks for letting us know and hope your experience is stellar. You'll have to post a picture so we can see the color choices and let us know about the passenger seat. Is it 4 or 6 or 8 way adjustable in the RWD SEL. No survey but my guess is 6 way adjustable. Let us know if there were any options differences from the PDF that reflects the original Hyundai communication. Given your use case the SEL indeed is a perfect specification. Enjoy!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

Unable to participate in the vote since dealer contact (per Concierge notification) still pending here in the west coast PNW. I would not wish on but wonder results for test drivers may be involved in that I-95 debacle in No VA it looks brutal. Agree with Kyle after Forrest's test drive that a wait and see/additional testing required perspective may be best to help me peel back the blinders on the other than mostly positive qualities and or aesthetics of this EV. Not close to a Tesla fanboy here but benchmarks cannot be ignored. In all fairness it may be that the industry is still a good year or two out for worthy competition particlularly in the price ranges (wife has an I4/M50 on order). Will certainly seek out and pay attention to additional comments and thoughts even differences with Canadian models but beyond range disappoint, as of now I5 may certainly better suit or work out to be best for warmer climates and/or shorter range DD's w/overnight chargers.

GaryClark likes this.
  9. Auction Wheels

Auction Wheels New Member

So I ended up buying a AWD SE on December 29th. I really wanted a RWD Limited but as they are not available and I needed the 7500 tax credit for my 21 taxes I took it. Awesome car and great road tripper! Charging at 233kw it rips. 15 minutes from 22% to 80%

Tony S, GaryClark, Louie D and 3 others like this.
  10. Iongeek

Iongeek New Member

Took home, in Riverside County CA, a Cyber Grey SEL AWD on 12/30. At 68, I never thought I would own an EV, and am a complete newbie to this vastly different but inveitably advancing transportation environment.
    It was an AWD id.4 that I originally reserved 10 months ago and hedged that bet with an Ioniq 5 RWD Limited reservation a month later. In August VW notified all us AWD buyers that 2022 was the year you would receive your 2021 vehicle. I cancelled. I wanted a 2021 purchase date for tax purposes.
    I received a call from my local Hyundai dealer at noon on December 29 that only 1 SEL AWD just rolled off the truck and asked how soon could I come in to drive it. The call was not a reservation system call, rather from the dealer's pocket list of interested persons.
    Markup over MSRP of $3K was firm plus $1K of vapor adds, but I needed a 2021 purchase so, even though the Limited in Lucid Blue was my choice, there were none anywhere, even in transit, much less ready to take home, so I bought the following day.
    As a 50 year ICEr, the car is an absolute dream to look at, sit in, and drive.
    So, after 500 miles I'm getting 3.5m/kw which implies a 270 mile range. Mostly ECO driving with an occasional SPORT launch to brush my hair back.
    Only one guy in a Model S rolled down his window and gave a thumbs up. Made me feel good.

GaryClark, Louie D, Kirk and 4 others like this.
  11. Lucky you! The AWD version is the one I like as well. Be sure to fill us in on future updates and perhaps a photo, congratulations:)

GaryClark and SkyShotEV like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

What @electriceddy said. My request and deposit also awaits LucidBL/LTD but that Cyber Grey looks like the gem. Congrats and GLWYP!

14. Iongeek

Iongeek New Member

Oh yeah, A pic. Taking in a sunbath in SoCal.
    IMG_0444.jpg

15. Iongeek

Iongeek New Member

Thank you. That Lucid Blue Limited trim is worth the wait. There are so many features in the LTD, panoramic roof, interior VTL, heads up display, wheels, ventilation, rear seat warmer, Bose sound, etc. Well worth it IMHO.
    I was at the EA station today. Three id.4's and the I5. Everyone gathered around the Hyundai checking it out. Sweet!
    GLTU.

16. I believe your estimate is right. Since you don't have 20" wheels nor the extra weight of the limited trim, you will get more than the 256 mile range on your sticker. It should be 269 for the SEL AWD. I believe they didn't run EPA numbers for that. Maybe it would make the limited AWD harder to sell.

Congratulations on the purchase!

GaryClark and electriceddy like this.
  17. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    Saw the Lucid Blue in a video and it looks so low on metallic it was almost flat if it was a flat pale dark baby blue. Cyber and Matte Grey are the only ones that look ok. I could go White or the no color Black for wrapping but is it too much to ask to have colors that pop. I should be trying to choose which one I like best between two or three not which one I dislike the least. ‍♂️

18. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Cyber Grey or Lucid Blue; Grey (light) color interior (Florida maxim). If no choice, I’ll take White exterior. No more than MSRP, probably have to wait for that.

19. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

Wasn't expecting the Lucid Blue "Pearl" to be anything near flat.

20. I got to see Digital Teal, Cyber Gray, Shooting Star Gray Matte and Atlas White yesterday. I parked my Snow White Pearl Niro next to the Matte Gray for size comparison. The Cyber Gray is nicer in person than in pictures and I would like to see the Lucid Blue before making a final decision. Black is a definite no, the Matte Gray is not easy to take care of & costs more and not my favorite. White always looks good but, the Atlas White is plain, not metallic or pearl. Right now I am leaning towards Limited AWD Lucid Blue (two-tone gray interior), Cyber Gray (two-tone gray interior) or Digital Teal ( two-tone green interior).

Here are some pics I took. All were SE RWDs at Holler Hyundai Winter Park, Florida) who has Limited AWDs in transit scheduled to be here next week but, would not budge from $3,000 over sticker plus a $799 dealer fee so I walked.
    F2581BDD-8A25-4A40-A5FA-DF6B28C59135.jpeg 46732ACE-0347-4884-A4B3-E9A7DF0B9401.jpeg BEF806A8-F2E3-4CD2-B79E-E0113D0465FF.jpeg 3D5B18E1-6643-4B78-95FA-AEE64170AD0A.jpeg F8E471C4-2AB2-4CB2-94EC-9549487FB324.jpeg 4A9659CC-A738-4513-9DFE-563388A087C8.jpeg BAE4F3F5-4DE2-4802-A858-ADDA996FE986.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  21. ZHIBO Wu

ZHIBO Wu New Member

Be are when you want the AWD option, this car get as high as 15% off the real world range according to my research. You will understand what I am saying now after Tom did his 70mph range test in Feb of 2022. But don't get AWD unless you have no choice. I am looking for a rwd here in Northeast, there is less than 10% are rwd within dealer stock

22. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    I thought the Niro would look much smaller next to it!

23. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    I think this is the one I would choose. I like what the SEL trim level adds, and would want the longer range of the RWD model. I am interested to see some more reports about if there really is that big of a difference in range between the RWD and AWD models, the difference seems unusually high vs. other cars.

Gary, thanks so much for posting the sheet, it's extremely helpful!