Model Y early 2022 refresh

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by Ed K, Jan 19, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ed K

Ed K New Member

So..... whats the word? Several sources saying production already started. I was literally ready to click buy on the website yesterday but was alerted from a friend about a Model update.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ed K

Ed K New Member

*Update*.
    Following the earnings call confirmation that Texas will deliver Model Y with 4680 batteryby end Q1. I ordered MYP having confirmed with help (via tesla.com) that my order would indeed be fulfilled with the newer battery pack. Time will tell if thats the case as assigned VINS can come from either Freemont or Austin. Once they assign me a VIN, i'll know for sure. Delivery shows March 10-28....

bwilson4web likes this.
  4. Ed K

Ed K New Member

Update: Delivery date now March 4-10... Hoping to be assigned VIN very shortly

5. Ed K

Ed K New Member

Update to the update:
    I ordered the MYP the day after the Q4 21 earnings call where the 4680 battery was confirmed. Agent Chat on Tesla.com confirmed my vehicle would have 4680 however, received my VIN this morning and its a Freemont build. I'm going to reject the allocation and wait for the newer version.

6. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

How are you going to guarantee that you get the 4680 batteries when you reject this vehicle?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ed K

Ed K New Member

I simply wait, order another one with Texas pickup. Drive it home.
    However, and this is what is pissing me off - there's no information from Tesla to help me make an informed decision - or rather, not make a mistake.

9. marshall

OK, so you are going to go to the back to end of the line.

What will you do if they raise the price of the Austin made vehicles?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  10. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

There is nothing more expensive than not getting what you ordered:
    • GOOD
    • FAST
    • CHEAP
    Pick two.

Bob Wilson

11. Ed K

Ed K New Member

Yeah, I'm in no rush to make a mistake.

I actually bought a M3LR that someone had cancelled while I wait for the MYP 4680.

bwilson4web likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

You actually bought an appreciating asset, you lucky dog!

Bob Wilson

14. Ed K

Ed K New Member

Done quite well with my cars I suppose - my 911 is worth more than I paid for it 11 years ago. Free 911!!!!!

bwilson4web likes this.
  15. marshall

The original order didn't include the new battery and structure. So I don't understand what you are getting at.

16. marshall

Well that's new information. So I don't see any rush either, and it's probably worth waiting to see how the new batteries and structure work out.

17. Ed K

Ed K New Member

Yes it did.
    I had a chat via the Tesla.com order page (I screen shot it) and he told me that my order WOULD be the 4680 version. Only after that did I click buy.

It's ok, I'll get that version soon enough but am enjoying the M3LR in the mean time.

bwilson4web likes this.
  18. Bikramjit Gill

Bikramjit Gill New Member

How does VIN indicate battery type?