Hot Buttons

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Avanti, Jan 13, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Avanti

Avanti New Member

Just got my SE Monday. Has anybody set their hot buttons to something? I set one of mine for Tire Pressure since that seems to be a hassle for me to find. Any other ideas?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. NewGreen

NewGreen Member

I've had my Mini for 4 months, and I still haven't set up any of those things! And the menu is kind of cumbersome, sometimes. I do talk to the car. That works well for all kinds of things! Today was the first day I opened the hood! Fun!

Urbanengineer, endquote and MichaelC like this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

If you get brave enough to pop the inverter/motor cover off to see what's underneath (it's easy), be sure to check that all 4 mounting-post grommets stayed with the cover. I lost one of mine about the 20th time I was showing off my electric MINI. Did you notice the tubular metal frame holding the inverter and motor? You can see at the side that it mounts where ICE MINI Cooper engines are attached to the body.

wessy likes this.
  5. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Did you try replacing the bump stop?
    https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enus/showparts?id=XP33-USA-12-2019-F56E-Mini-Cooper_SE&diagId=11_8380

6. endquote

endquote Active Member

Haven't heard of Hot Buttons til now... is that like a menu shortcut? I was looking for just such a function to help me get to the acoustic pedestrian toggle more quickly. I don't see that in the manual.

NewGreen likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Yeah, the 1-6 buttons under the screen act as shortcuts. You just hold down the button for awhile and it sets whatever you want.

We never set them up on my wife's Clubman and I've been struggling to come up with anything I use that often. I set one of them to the sound mixer when I was messing around with that the other day, but I haven't accessed it again.

Urbanengineer likes this.
  9. endquote

endquote Active Member

Oh, I'll experiment with that -- I thought it was just for radio stations!

10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I set some of mine, in this order:
    1. Radio Presets (handy way to restore my audio preferences)
    2. Charging Menu (if I need to easily get to the settings)
    3. TPMS display (for easy access to tire pressure)

Haven't assigned the other three to anything yet. I wanted one to go into CarPlay but it doesn't seem possible.

NewGreen and Urbanengineer like this.
  11. I've set mine up in previous cars as speed dials to my fav contacts. Works great even when carplay is on. It will dial from within carplay when pressed

NewGreen, Texas22Step and GvilleGuy like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I don't think the bump stop would ever need changing. It took multiple tries to get the right replacement grommet, er, ball pin. MINI originally listed the wrong BMW grommet with the same part number as the correct grommet and I had to go without for months until I ordered again with the correct part number (11127614138, as in the diagram you linked) and ignore the parts vendor's warning that it wouldn't fit my SE.

There's a forum thread on the topic--before we knew the grommet was a ball pin. Here's the photo of the grommet MINI originally claimed was correct and the correct one that I eventually received:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  14. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

The grommet thing is a clear and present danger. Because of @insightman 's original post on the topic, I religiously check my grommets whenever I remove the cover. One evening after dark, after showing the EV motor to some friends, I noticed I lost a grommet. A few phone flashlights waving around in the dark finally located the runaway lodged down in the motor housing.

insightman likes this.
  15. jimmm18

jimmm18 Active Member

I have set mine so far to presets, sound and climate activation. Oh and to home as I can't get the mini nav recognize "navigate home"!

NewGreen likes this.
  16. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I only did a couple and rarely use them so I forgot what they are all set to lol. For TPMS that's a fantastic idea!

17. wessy

wessy Active Member

I have my #6 set to TPMS, but I’m using the other five for radio stations.

@Puppethead, how do you have your #1 button controlling more than one radio preset?

18. Puppethead

There's a Radio Presets menu, and I have the hot button set to that. What's nice about the radio presets menu is you can combine FM and Satellite radio stations into a list of any order you want. And most importantly, if you have the head-up display you can use the up/down buttons on the steering wheel to scroll through and the list shows on the head-up display.

19. wessy

wessy Active Member

Cool! I’ll have to try that. (Although I didn’t opt for the HUD, so I guess I’ll have to watch for the list to scroll through on my center display.) Thank you for the tip! :)

20. Puppethead

For clarification, using the buttons on the steering wheel to change stations will show the current station in the upper right corner of the center display, only the HUD shows the menu. Unless you actually go to the Presets menu, then you'll see the whole list on the center display. My reason for having that on a hot button is to easily switch back to MINI audio after using CarPlay audio.

NewGreen likes this.
  21. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

I have my car programmed to charge overnight on cheap electricity. I have a button programmed for the override (charge immediately) so I can quickly activate when I’m out and about. Sometimes I still forget to, and end up not charging when I needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Urbanengineer likes this.
  22. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

I have some of mine set to disable acoustic pedestrian warning (have to disable each time) for stealth mode and enable/disable heads up display to reduce wear and tear.

SameGuy likes this.
  23. jimmm18

jimmm18 Active Member

I set my mini to charge immediately and set the schedule on my home charger. This way I don't need to deal with it if need to charge at a public charger.