Thermal Management - Sorry More Questions

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by SkyShotEV, Jan 10, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

Maybe reintroducing a looped or redundant topic, but a few I have been unable to clearly decipher and send to tap into the SME pool out there. Am currently in a cooler environment still pending I5 LTD AWD decision and purchase, but may be relocating south for warmer points.
    1. With the apparent inner condenser addition or relationship to AC circuitry what if any is Hyundai's Heat Pump (heater) and Battery Heating System linkage to throttling on AWD models options?
    2. Are non heat pump/battery heating system optioned vehicles not as impacted by the extreme (+/-) temps, what happens if/when without the regulator or..
    2a) Has battery technology been improved to prevent lithium plating?

I accept reduced power until nominal within range battery temps restored, but what expectations if any should be on long distance journeys in relation to a (potentially less than efficient) PTC operation and cabin comfort? Also, perhaps I did not listen correctly but are reviewer(s) recommendations still valid to either walk away wait out or turn off accessories like HVAC if unable to cool down prior to fast charging or just live with the slower charge?

3. If throttling issue has been replicated, has it been addressed by Hyundai, software corrected or put to bed yet?

TIA

EDIT Throwing in one added note: Anyone else hear I5 windshield wipers have tendency to stick during freezing temps? What is the safest removal technique for those who need to park outside.. a hair dryer with extension cord lol?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Wow, this is way over my head I guess. Many acronyms I don't understand. I hope the Ioniq 5 turns out to be a great car though.

Geezer and SkyShotEV like this.
  4. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

@Mark W You are correct, I have been criticized for that before, still a hard habit to break, thanks for your constructive criticism.
    SME Subject Matter Expert; I5 = Hyundai Ioniq 5; LTD Limited; AWD All Wheel Drive;PTC Positive Temperature Coefficient;
    HVAC Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning.

Geezer likes this.