Another Deer Bites The Dust - We Think

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Fast Eddie B, Nov 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Update: We made the round trip to Greenville, NC last week and picked up our car. As I said above, “only” 2 months was a pleasant surprise.

Overall, looks like they did a decent job on all the big items - hood, fender, etc. But there remain a handful of minor items to resolve…

1) The rubber trim around the windshield doesn’t want to lie flush.

2) A new emblem on the charge door was not installed.

3) There was a small scratch/dent in the opposite door that had not been there before and was not there when dropped off at the shop.

4) And just discovered yesterday, the left parking light is still cracked.

But the car ran great on the 500 mile drive home, reminding me of what a great road car it is.

Anyway, Progressive OK’d us to drive home and will recommend a local shop to take care of this stuff.

As an aside, for both the dent and the cracked parking light it was good we had photos of the car after the accident to document the dent was new and the cracked parking light was accident damage. Take lots of photos if this happens to you!

MrFixit likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Do you happen to know whether an OEM windshield was used, and hopefully properly re-calibrated?

4. A Honda dealer was across the street from the body shop and did the calibration and everything seemed to work on the way home.

Don’t know if it’s OEM. The prior replacement, done by SafeLite, had some very minor optical distortion in the middle if looked at just so. The new one seems optically perfect so far.

LegoZ likes this.
  5. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

“Nothin to do about that” “oh well” way more chill than I would have been. :) hope they get the few remaining issues fixed for you soon. Also glad they didn’t total it. I’m actually quite paranoid of the car getting hit and totaled or just damaged in general as there’s not really anything to replace it with at this moment although the X5 PHEV is intriguing (but easily 2x the cost).

6. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

Another deer didn't make it home... Still drives fine, but the dash says there is a headlight problem...

Attached Files:

7. To remove this ad click here.