Know of any?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Jolee, Jan 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jolee

Jolee Member

RE. traffic stuck on I95 for 24 hours or more. Know of any EVs? What would you do? Just shut off and wrap in MANY blankets?? How long do you think battery would last? Wow!:eek:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

That's objectively horrible yeah. I guess if it's deep winter and you have any reason to think you might have to camp out in sub-freezing temps, keep some supplies in the car. Mylar "space blankets" and chemical hand warmers are very compact and easy to just keep in the car. Maybe some a normal blanket and a packed lunch is the only extra you'd need to remember to bring.

I'm sure someone can or already has measured it, but I figure the car "idling" with the heat on would use maybe 2kw so depending on the SoC you could survive but might need to recharge to finish your trip... don't count on getting full battery capacity at those temperatures either.

Using the heated seat with a decent blanket would be a great way to save battery.

4. Model 3 in Norway, only -3C though, interior temp 20C, camp mode - from 100% to shutdown took over 71 hours.

Ivan Salazar and Jolee like this.
  5. Jolee

Jolee Member

20C= 68 F ?? Not bad assuming you start out with 100% Thanks ;)

6. To remove this ad click here.