Can't Order An SE After Yesterday - Will New One Be All New?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Tommm, Jan 5, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Someone wants to buy my SE. That's OK, I will order another. Maybe a Sig Plus instead or Iconic of my Sig. We have other cars in the stable.

Contacted my salesguy and BMW said no more orders for a 2022 will be taken after yesterday. 2023 orders will start to be accepted in a few weeks.

Does this mean the 2023 will be the all new one, or will they take orders for a 2023, and the all new one be a 2024?

Maybe the 2023 Mini will be like the 1983 Corvette, or 1998 Miata.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

As far as I understand (and I could be very wrong) the all new one is expected to be available in calendar year 2023. So I guess that will be a '24?

insightman likes this.
  4. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Yep, the '23 will be the same car, just new model year. They haven't even debuted the all new model yet.

5. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I need a proofreader. Title should have said will 2023 be the all new one?

Wire for mine should hit the bank monday or tuesday

6. SaratogaMini

SaratogaMini New Member

Hopefully the 2023 model year will change add a light color choice for the rims on the base signature level. I don’t like the dark or black rims.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Our 2022 Sig+, as delivered New Year’s Eve, has 16-inch black Victory Spoke wheels. The smaller wheel was selected by choice for a slightly more comfortable ride. Four days later, used silver Loop Spoke wheels - fitted with cold weather tires - DD8B6829-C3C2-4373-852F-B6D10B66B07D.jpeg 1988AD65-B30F-43B9-8E4A-FE5946250021.jpeg replaced the black wheels. You be the judge. My wife prefers the silver.

wessy and MichaelC like this.
  9. Yesterday D447C9DA-DE0B-4A5A-A03D-81585ACDACF9.jpeg

10. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

With your colors either works. I like the black wheels with the black roof. But for darker body colors with a white roof I would go with silver.

MichaelC likes this.
  11. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

I am now on the waiting list to put in an order for the ‘23. The optimist says they will increase the color and wheel options. Maybe even use Euro adaptive headlights now that they are legal in US. The pessimist says they will increase the price and no longer offer the HUD on the Signature trim.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I got the specter grey revolites and I hoped I would like them, but I didn’t. I thought they looked dingy. I got these 16 inch rims from Tire Rack and I am much happier.

IMG_0268.JPG

Attached Files:

wessy and goaheadbackup like this.
  14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I love the Loop Spoke rims on my Moonwalk Grey/Black Top SE. I bought 8 of 'em on eBay. I planned to put my OEM Power Spokes back on my SE for car shows, but since I got my Loop Spokes, every show has been on a rainy day so three of the Power Spokes stayed in the basement. I brought the fourth one and the special Power Spoke balancing accessory as discussion-starters.

I really liked the 8-spoke Minilite wheels that all hot Mini Coopers wore in the '60s. I wish the company that made those original Minilites would make them for current MINI Coopers, but when I contacted them they said it wasn't going to happen. Not only would they be very expensive, but I'd probably have to have them modified to accept my MINI Electric center caps. As I said, I love my Loop Spokes, so I don't spend much time wishing for Minilites I can't have.

upload_2022-1-8_16-25-36.png

goaheadbackup and MichaelC like this.
  15. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

(At the risk of pulling this thread further off-topic...which kinda happens a lot in here...)
    Same! I have searched high and low for wheels in that style, but can only find crazy expensive custom-built models (Rotiform MLW) or models simply not available in a compatible fitment (Konig Rewind).

insightman likes this.
  16. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

MINI has had a lot of interesting wheel designs over the years.

wessy likes this.
  17. Avanti

Avanti New Member

Silver! I have Silver Tentacles on mine.