Intermittent Connection for Android Auto

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Jason90405, Dec 27, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jason90405

Jason90405 Member

Has anyone having issues having the head unit detecting the phone and starting up Android Auto?

I've been noticing such issue lately. What I've found is that I need to plug in the phone before I start the engine in order for Android Auto to start up properly.

If I plug it in afterwards, 90% of the time it does not detect Android Auto :(

I have had Samsung S21+ and Pixel 6 connected.

Is my head unit going bad?

I've also tried different cables as well. Is there such thing as firmware update for the Infotainment system?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. NorCalPete

NorCalPete Active Member

I had a similar problem where the car recognized my connected phone intermittently, even when I tried different cables. Turned out I had just enough "pocket fuzz" stuck in my phone's USB port that it intermittently interfered with the connection. After I cleaned the phone's usb port, it worked consistently again. This may not be your issue, but it might be worth checking.

4. Jason90405

Jason90405 Member

Same thing apply to the USB 1.5v and 1.0v ports on the Clarity?

5. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

I have the Pixel 6 and I have no issue. It comes right up every time I connected it. Next time, when you have the issue, check the USB connection status on the phone. The phone might have 'remembered' the last connection and maybe stayed in charge-only mode.

6. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

How long has it been since you've rebooted your phone? Anytime I've notice any weird anomalies with my OnePlus 8 Pro, a reboot fixes the issue.

7. To remove this ad click here.