Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jimmm18

jimmm18 Active Member

Yikes!!!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jimmm18

jimmm18 Active Member

Just called my dealer and they are saying they can't sell the car until it is delivered but can't tell me why. Denise C. did you have any issues? Has anyone else been able to sign prior to delivery to the dealer?

4. jimmm18

jimmm18 Active Member

Ok here is what the dealer says: In California you can't sell a car that is not on your lot because you can not verify the VIN. They need to confirm the car they receive has the correct VIN. They say they could lose their license. grrrr.... Expected arrival is next week at this time. Keep you fingers cross they get it out today so it can arrive this week.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    wessy likes this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

That was pretty much the premise behind the movie Fargo.

chrunck, wessy and MichaelC like this.
  6. jimmm18

jimmm18 Active Member

Never saw it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

Well, I just got back from the dealer. They also told me no.....I cannot sign the papers until the car is here and they are ready to turn over the keys. So I am at the mercy of trucking and the dreaded dealer inspection/prep.

9. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

Yeah...I would use one of the tracking sites to see when it leaves Southampton, and call after that.

10. jinkobah

jinkobah Member

Let us know what happens! :/

jimmm18 likes this.
  11. jinkobah

jinkobah Member

I called ASKMINI, they said they have no control/influence over the scheduling at this point.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. My MA didn't mention the VIN verification, he did say he was required to have the vehicle here in order to process the sale, that they needed to confirm the mileage (??), make sure there are no safety issues with the car or any damages. He also added that he, his boss, her boss and MINI FS all want the sale to go through this month. I guess to boost their 2021 sales figures?
    BMW opened a new processing facility at the Port of Baltimore within the last month or so. Hopefully, they have lots of staff or have hired new staff to speed up the processing!

jimmm18 and wessy like this.
  14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

An odometer statement is required by law.

15. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

I will find out more tomorrow. They are closed on Mondays. I don’t know how they are going to do it after I am reading all of your comments. Ugh. This would really suck for us being so close to the year end.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

16. jimmm18

jimmm18 Active Member

I think that there could be good news to this.
    If the BBB bill is not passed then the mini would still qualify for the 7500 tax credit in 2022. If passed only 4000.

I was worried I would lose it all. I am a bit more relaxed now.

17. Bemsha

Bemsha Member

yeah man, worst case scenario is 4k instead of 7.5k.

jimmm18 likes this.
  18. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

Even if it passes, I can’t see how they could take away the $7500 if your car is delivered before they pass it. You bought with the $7500 in place. That seems only fair.

wessy and jimmm18 like this.
  19. Bemsha

Bemsha Member

yeah for sure. It not passing in 2021 just made things a lot more difficult. I think that’s one reason why at this point, it’ll be a while before the bill passes.

jimmm18 likes this.
  20. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

Even if it takes awhile to pass, quite likely that the ev tax credit provisions will be retroactive to Jan 1.....so could still impact us with a $3500 haircut.

We will see what happens. Alot is up in the air right now.

jimmm18 likes this.
  21. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

In 2022, the incentive is a tax credit. They could grant us only the $4000 credit in April 15, 2023, there is no guarantee of $7500. For cars purchased in 2023 they would apply the credit at point of sale, and this would be harder to take away. That is my reading of the current verbiage of the house bill, but all could change as they hammer it out.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    jimmm18 likes this.
  22. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

I just talked to ASKMINI. They are also estimating mine will be loaded onto a truck on 1/2/22 and is slated to arrive in San Jose CA on 1/6/22.

I guess I'll stop obsessively checking the Mini Garage tracking page and sit tight for a while....:(

23. SC2021

SC2021 Member

Seems like they have more roro ships than trucks in this chain. lol I can't believe the longest step in this whole process besides the whole transit across the sea part of course, is the waiting at the receiving dock for a week. I'm so close, I could drive it home from oxnard, so that's pretty close.

jimmm18 likes this.