Mileage ?

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Jim Colwell, Nov 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jim Colwell

Jim Colwell New Member

Hi,
    I have a 2019 Kia Niro EV and just turned 60K in mileage. What is everyone else getting up to in mileage?
    so far seems good even charging (level 2) 5 times a week

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TheHellYouSay

TheHellYouSay Member

I'm a long ways behind you with 13,625. No issues, but I do, in quite a paranoid fashion, listen for the dreaded "clicking engine noise", but so far, so good. I know someday the 12V might give me some problems, but I can fix that easily enough. Very pleased with my purchase, I feel like I got lucky, even though I got no discount in 8/2019 (aside from tax breaks).

4. jeff_h

jeff_h Member

I'm also at 60k and 2020 was an easy year due to Covid teleworking, but now it's back to the office and also driving plenty on the weekend, so now back to about 4k miles per month. Darn good thing these cars are efficient, I'd hate to be buying gas the way the prices have gone up lately.

Jim Colwell likes this.
  5. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

18,400 after just over 2 years, thanks to CoVID lockdown. No signs of motor/gear noise!
    *looking for wood to knock*

Jim Colwell likes this.
  6. EVti&b

EVti&b New Member

Just turned 24,500 miles on my 2019 EX Premium. I have enjoyed 2 trips each to LA, Yosemite, a trip to Tahoe. All using EA and destination chargers. Last scheduled service(21K miles) costs less than $70 at Stevens Creek Kia, San Jose. Loving the EV life!

Jim Colwell likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Forgot to add lifetime efficiency of 4.2 mi/kWh :D

Jim Colwell likes this.
  9. 2019 Ex premium (resistive heater, not heat pump) in a cold weather climate. 18,000 plus in the first year, average 4.1 mi/kWh.

Motor has audible clicking below 30 mph.

Jim Colwell likes this.
  10. at 33,750 miles, battery reports SOH at 100%. 4.25 miles/kwh 2019 ex w/ heat pump

11. Texas Niro EV

Texas Niro EV Active Member

I’m 1,000 miles over my 36,000 mile lease with 6 months left to go on lease. With the way used car prices are now it would be better to buy the car at the end of the lease and sell it than to turn it in on the end of the lease so I’m not worried about being over the mileage limit. Not sure what my lifetime mi/kWh is but the on-board computer is still telling me I’m am at 100% SOH.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Jim Matthews and Jim Colwell like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Jim Colwell

Jim Colwell New Member

I've made a trip from Gulf of Mexico to top of Michigan in July. No much trouble charging, except for Mississippi. Daily commute is about 80 miles one way, that is how I chose Kia Niro, for efficiency and total mileage.

jeff_h likes this.
  14. Jim Colwell

Jim Colwell New Member

What was done for the scheduled service? I live in a non ev friendly area, so haven't really done much in maintenance, other than rotate the tires and fill the washer fluid.

15. Jim Colwell

Jim Colwell New Member

Yea,
    I bought used with 10K miles on it, so no tax breaks. Loved it so much bought another one for my wife.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  16. CBOW

CBOW New Member

I have a 2019 EX Premium with 11711 miles purchased in Dec, 2019. Low miles because of COVID and I'm retired so no commute. No problems except a squeak in the steering which was repaired under warranty at my dealer Kia Marin in Novato, CA.

17. Just nibbling at 16k in my 2019 EX. Nearly all local driving (SF Ba area) including weekend hikes up in the Santa Cruz Mountains, with one road trip into Colorado and in and around the Rockies. Pandemic definitely reduced my driving, but back to near daily commutes now.

No clicking, though once or twice I was afraid I was hearing it, only to realized it was an ICE engine a hndredfeet or so away happening to accelerate as I was. Good to see there are many 10k+ folks with no clicking problem. I think it is a 5-10% kinda thing.

18. Jim Colwell

Jim Colwell New Member

Update have now crossed 66k miles and full range of 260mes has returned according to gom. Probably just a calibration issue before or I was using heater more than I realized. Don’t do that much in Nola

19. snowy2020

snowy2020 Member

2020, 30k miles.

Due for first dealer visit to flush the brake fluid. Thinking of waiting a bit and doing it at the same time as the coolant flush though, at 37k.

No motor clicking. The inverter has a high pitched whine, kinda. Steering wheel sometimes has a rubbing sound but it comes and goes, might be a bearing issue, will mention it at the first service.

20. TheHellYouSay

TheHellYouSay Member

I did think of something that feels wrong in my 2019 Niro EV - when I am backing up and applying the brakes, they make an awful grinding noise. I will mention it to the dealer when I go back in January.

21. Mine is much the same. Regen supplants brake pads on most driving, that leaves the traditional brake rotors exposed to the elements and rust results.

Pretty much the only time my brake pads touch steel is that first glide out of my garage.

22. ITown

ITown Active Member

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has experienced this! I haven't had it in the past few weeks, but for a few months it was mildly annoying. Mostly noticed it when doing 3-point-turns + U-Turns.

23. I also get a grinding noise/vibration stopping in reverse when backing... I think the drums get rusty. (or are they disks)