Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Colorado here. No mark up. Just MSRP. He sent a accessories price list that I can decide if I want to add on. That’s it. Not pushy.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SC2021

SC2021 Member

No, it was just this one in downtown LA that had a markup, but then shopped around and no other dealer marked up, so i went back to him and gave him first right of refusal, and he sold it as msrp.

4. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Maybe it says somewhere in the 84 pages here, but how does one determine which ship their Mini got loaded onto to track? As of yesterday, the car tracker says it's "dispatched from factory" on its way to the Oxnard, CA port. Just trying to figure out which ship to I can track it. Thank you.

5. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

The only way to tell for sure is to call up ASK-MINI after it is loaded and in transit.

But----if your car is going to Oxnard, it frequently ends up on one of these ships from NYK Line. Take a look at this schedule to see what some of the possibilities are:

https://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk50.pdf

jinkobah, jimmm18 and DrComputer like this.
  6. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

Mine’s at the port waiting for it’s voyage to Port Hueneme as well. At this point I assume I’ll see it early February.

jinkobah likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Well, if what Alf_W says is correct, it looks like they will be on the "Atlas Leader" leaving the UK on Jan 3rd and arriving in Port Hueneme on Jan 26th. So I assume early February delivery is doable.

9. USB port is A.
    Appears to be live for charging even when the car is turned off.
    Same goes for the 12 outlet (once known as a cigarette lighter port.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

My Iconic trim has two ports, one USB-A and one USB-C port. The USB-C port does 15 W power.

insightman and jinkobah like this.
  11. Same here—my Iconic trim arrived last week and it has one USB-A and one USB-C at the base of the center console. Based on the language in the 2022 manual, it sounds like this may indeed vary by trim. Here's how it reads...

"Depending on the equipment version, a USB port Type A or a USB port Type A and a USB port Type C are located in the front of the center console."​

The manual also notes that...
    • USB port Type A: For charging mobile devices and for data transfer; Charge current: max. 1.5 A.
    • USB port Type C: For charging mobile devices and for data transfer; Charge current: max. 3 A.
    So, neither of them could be classified as supporting fast charging, but the USB-C connector should charge a device about twice as quickly.

I couldn't find any info on the charging rate for the Qi wireless charger in the armrest—anyone happen to know what that is?

wessy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. h-dogg

h-dogg Member

I called today and the person I spoke to said no build number yet and suggested I call again in two weeks...

14. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

It actually took me about eight weeks to get my build number....so I can believe that you are still waiting for yours.

h-dogg likes this.
  15. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

I don’t understand the need for a dealer allocation system. It seems like orders should be delivered in the order they are placed. Mine took less than 40 days to go from order to the port. Can another dealer get you in the queue sooner? Another reason may be part shortages causing some options to be built at a later date. Mine literally has zero options. I’ve also never seen a signature trim car so there will be surprises like the USB thing above.

16. BESS is here! It’s happening!

it seems to be at first stop in NYC port…

[​IMG]

And MINI’s are likely to offload at second stop later today?

[​IMG]

that means delivery is very likely before end of the year, keeping fingers crossed.

wessy, jinkobah and MichaelC like this.
  17. ER13

ER13 Member

This is awesome news. Great work. Based on past deliveries and the location of of BMWs vehicle distribution center, it seems like Bess needs to move over to the red x on this map I made really quickly without care for quality.

upload_2021-12-21_9-0-57.png

The VDC is just north of those port locations, where the train tracks end.

Hoping it gets there soon!

Attached Files:

18. Speck

Speck New Member

Bess has arrived in NY! (Or really, Elizabeth NJ)

wessy likes this.
  19. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Picture a hand with thumb and forefinger rubbing against each other in a circular motion.

wessy and Denise C like this.
  20. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, without an allocation system highly-populated areas would get all the MINIs and smaller regions would likely get virtually nothing.

21. sadde

sadde New Member

Thanks for replies regarding the USB. I just got the car this week and since I have lower trim level, it only has USB-A. But that does not matter since the car is an absolute pearl to drive :D I thought the range would be a problem but I have not even been close to below 15 %. Loving it so far!

wessy and kicksology like this.
  22. insightman

Congrats on joining the club!

23. insightman

My Ann Arbor dealer was quite small and I believe that is the reason I didn't get a 2020 MINI Cooper SE even though I put down my deposit 6 months before production of this car began. I believe my small dealer couldn't get an allocation for a 2020 SE, even though it was the first one they had ordered and it was ordered in August 2019.

On the other hand, I've read claims that MINI dealers owned by Roger Penske get large allocations because they sell lots of MINI Coopers. So it seems to me the allocation system favors dealers that sell lots of MINI Coopers, and those dealers are likely in highly populated areas.

If MINI continued to require deliveries go only to people who order them, rather than to provide stock for the dealers, wouldn't a first-ordered/first-delivered be fair? I don't claim to understand the allocation system, so I'm asking rather than stating first-ordered/first-delivered would be fairer.

wessy likes this.