North Poll aka Canada ;): Clarity delivery ETA wait times

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hobbesgsr, Apr 1, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Canadian Clarity ETA

1. 2-3 weeks

13.6%
  2. 4 weeks

4.5%
  3. 6 weeks

4.5%
  4. 8 weeks

11.4%
  5. 12 weeks

18.2%
  6. 16 weeks

2.3%
  7. Dealer has no clue...Thanks Honda Canada!

45.5%
  1. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

The march and february (April? hah!) people are still without.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

For what it's worth, I am just in process of filling out financing paperwork for mine. The salesman told me when I first called 8-12 weeks minimum, and that a couple were on order. I talked to him late last week and he said another person's order was scheduled to arrive end of next week, and it had been less than 2 months since the order. Based on that he estimated that mine would be a similar time frame.

However, this might be sales tactics, who knows, especially after reading this thread.

My catch is that I am trading in an old odyssey, the evaluation is good for only 30 days and they won't guarantee the price up until the order arrives. That's another story, and I won't finalize the order until we figure out a way to be sure my price won't magically change once the car arrives.

I am in Quebec City.

4. WindsorBoy

WindsorBoy New Member

I was very lucky. The exact vehicle I was looking for (Clarity Touring, Pearl White) had arrived at my local dealership the day before I came in and I bought it right there and then, so I just had to wait for the dealer to do their prep.

Dealer was Richmond Hill Honda. Purchase was made in late March.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    lorem101 likes this.
  5. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

Are you in USA , and was it typo that Toyota dealer ?

6. WindsorBoy

WindsorBoy New Member

Sorry, I've driven Toyota's so long I guess I typed it by mistake. I should have said Honda. The purchase was made in Stouffville, Ontario, Canada in late March.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

Base or Touring.

9. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

Base. The other order was a base model too. I said I don't care which color just whatever u get quicker

10. benbar21

benbar21 New Member

I just spoke with a dealer in the GTA who told me they got an update from Honda yesterday.

Honda told them that they will receive a single car in June, and that production will then cease as they will begin production on the 2019 models, with delivering beginning in January.

11. BigAle

BigAle New Member

This is not the good news I was expecting :(

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. benbar21

benbar21 New Member

Yea I don't really know what Honda was thinking.

I just lucked out though - they weren't letting people put deposits down, and so no one had ordered one yet. However now that they are guaranteed to have one come in in June, they let me put a deposit down. They have no idea if it is a base or touring trim, or what colour, so I guess that'll be a surprise.

You should try calling around again - maybe a lesser known dealership will have one coming in too, and you'll be able to snag it?

14. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

I noticed new cars have stopped showing up in the US now that they have hit 12K cars shipped. I assume the factory switched to producing the CDN backorders and a few extra for the dealer lots. So all orders should be filled in June.

What Honda should be doing is shipping at least 675 more CDN cars to put on the lots and match 10% of the US 12K.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  15. evjb

evjb New Member

Just called my dealer, and he said no info available from Honda. He's worried what he'll do with the agreement I signed and deposit I paid...
    Ordered mine back in March, gotta say... my patience is starting to wear thin...

I guess my 2nd gen civic hybrid will have to hang in there just a bit longer (dead ima battery and all)

16. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

For all pending orders for which they can not deliver , will it automatically be considered to be as option transferred to 2019 models ?
    This was the case for Hyundai, however difference was that they said that the delivery of 2019 model will start from July for all pending orders who opted not to get the deposit back and willing to pay small difference in price between 2018 and 2019 models.

17. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

I would wonder about this if the MSRP changes, and the ramifications for agreed upon prices. For me, I also have a trade in issue that would lose some value over the next 6 months. The salesman suggested trading it in now, and if it didn't arrive by June they would "figure something out" but if they learn it's not coming for 6-7 months that could change everything! More to come I guess.

18. ClarityAlex

ClarityAlex New Member

Sorry to hear how much trouble everyone is having. My experience dates back to January. I went to the closest dealer I could find that had a demo car - Sisley Honda in North York. Went through all the back and forth dealer BS and decided we wanted a Clarity Touring in red. Just about to put down my deposit I said "one question, when will I get it?" They couldn't give me an answer, had no clue. I said that's not how I do business; we need a delivery date or no deal. 2-6 weeks is okay, 2-6+ months is not. So they reluctantly agreed to put a condition in the sales agreement that it would be delivered within 2 months. I was told that this was the second Clarity they had sold at that dealership.

About 2 weeks later they called and said my car was ready! I went to pick it up and they said it was the first one they'd delivered. So the guy who ordered before me got his car later. Just goes to show how standing your ground can help. And the car has been excellent, no issues at all.

For the record the dealership experience at Sisley Honda was more painful than it should have been. Unnecessary high pressure (I was already there to buy a Clarity), cheesy tactics (insisting on taking your visa card to "know your serious" when you sit down to negotiate), trying to upsell worthless trash like "electronic rust protection" that just double their profit margins, etc. They also asked me to give them a 5/5 review on Google so be wary of that. They did deliver the car fast but otherwise I would go somewhere else. Fortunately their obtrusive "Sisley" decal came off the trunk lid cleanly with some light coaxing from a heat gun.

lorem101 and Chris Messer like this.
  19. benbar21

benbar21 New Member

I also had a poor Sisley ezperience - they were going to lease me their Touring demo, but when I went in to figure out the details they insisted on adding every single option (including rust protection, and so on) and further didn't waive the delivery cost, which I've been told they have to. I am now just waiting on getting my deposit back, although I'm sure they'll process it soon.

ClarityAlex likes this.
  20. BigAle

BigAle New Member

Texted my dealer at Ottawa Honda, asked him if he heard anything from Honda Canada and how many orders THEY have in queue for base Clarity. Is answer was "not sure. We are hoping for June"

21. lorem101

lorem101 Member

I ordered my red touring from Sisley as well. Called today and the sales guy said my car is still scheduled for May production and early June arrival. No VIN yet, will get a VIN when my car arrives in Canada.
    I didn't have a bad sales experience but this is my first new car purchase, the sales guy was a bit pushy but I would expect every sales guy to pushy.

22. PAbram87

PAbram87 New Member

I just contacted my dealer in KW (ordered April 4th, base model) and was told that they will have updated VINs and delivery dates for 2018 models on May 22nd. So hopefully all of us who ordered can sneak into the 2018, but it looks like some of us may be out of luck and have to wait for the 2019!

23. side eye

side eye New Member

I ordered mine Feb 13th and still no word. The bad thing is that this is the best deal I can get and it doesn't make any sense for me to pass up my order. The $14k incentive is lower and it seems like Chevy is very reluctant to discount the Volt. When I was looking in February I was able to get $2500 off plus incentives. I checked a few dealers and only one was willing to shave $1500 off the MSRP plus the $1500 GM incentive.