Anyone got rid of the low speed sound

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Smart Wannabe, Nov 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. NewGreen

NewGreen Member

Yes, it's fun to drive by people who are walking and they say, " Is that car electric?"

insightman likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I like the low speed noise and actually want to make it louder. It seems to me that most pedestrian in my area are having hearing problem or they just want to challenge me to run them down. Even drivers that just get off their cars!

insightman likes this.
  4. NewGreen

NewGreen Member

I think it would be fun to have a variety of low-speed sounds that I could simply choose from (without doing the code or whatever!)

MichaelC likes this.
  5. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

I suggest you use the supported "Checkbox acoustic pedestrian protection" option in Bimmercode so that you can turn this feature on/off without having to code it each time.

The SE doesn't have any artificial noise inside the car.

Paul Clarke likes this.
  6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The EPA should require an off switch for any not-legally-required artificial noises automakers implement--especially inside the vehicle.

polyphonic likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. xd366

xd366 New Member

I'll try this out, i have it coded in and just programmed it as a shortcut so i have to turn it off everytime

9. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

I agree. These are more attention grabbing than ICE vehicles due to the (required) tonal nature of the sound. Most new ICE vehicles are essentially silent.
    Several pedestrian noisemaker EVs in one area will start to create cacophony.

10. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

The only thing I would add here is that, first, you connect as a BMW I3 and code the "Acoustical Pedestrian Protection/Remember Acoustical Pedestrian Protection" to ACTIVE and disconnect the session. This will make the ECU remember the last setting and use it when restarted. Then reconnect as a MINI SE and code the "Acoustical Pedestrian Protection/Checkbox Acoustical Pedestrian Protection" to ACTIVE. This makes the checkbox option appear in Vehicle Settings. After this coding incomplete, press and hold a number button on the head unit to associate the function and DISCONNECT. Do not do any more coding in the session after storing the button assignment or it will be wiped out (Code first, assign button, disconnect).

I have all sounds deactivated except the startup sound, which can't be modified (yet).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
    insightman and Puppethead like this.
  11. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I have the door open, seatbelt and lock chimes disabled. The only one left it that damn Star Trek startup sound.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. zha93

zha93 New Member

When you say the door open chime, is this the same noise is makes when the door is open and ignition switched on? that bing-bong sound? If so, where in bimmercode is this setting?

thanks

14. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I believe it’s this one.

Shut off iDrive system when driver door is opened
Enable/disable the automatic shut-off of the iDrive system when the driver door is opened.
Values:
    • Active
    • Not active
    • Requirements:
    • “Body Domain Controller” BDC_BODY control unit
    Warning chime

The warning chime that sounds when a warning is displayed in the car.
Values:
    • BMW i warning chime
    • BMW warning chime
    • Mini warning chime
    • Rolls Royce warning chime
    • Requirements:
    • “Headunit” HU_NBT or “Headunit” HU_NBT_EVO control unit

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  15. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I have but I can’t be sure this is the one because of bimmercode’s crappy history log (no indication of what update was done when). Let me know if that works.