Can you use Clarity’s tire repair kit to inflate road bike tires?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by cyberteen, Dec 5, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

So I have a road bike which has not been used for a while and is out of air. Hand pumping it all the way up to 70 psi is quite hard.

So wondering if I can use this air compressor on inflator mode to quickly inflate my tires, rather than trying to take my bike to a bike shop.

My bike has a Schrader valve. So guessing it must fit.

Anyone tried this?

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Should work fine.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Be careful not to trigger the goop dispenser.

5. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

You need to get a bike pump for road tires. I pump mine to 110 and it takes less than 10 seconds. Trust me, a good pump is worth the $60-80.

Mowcowbell and insightman like this.
  6. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

Gotcha. I was using a hand pump, which is only to top off the tires or for emergencies , but not fill it from scratch, I guess.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

I tried using clarity’s air compressor on inflation mode. For some reason, it fills it only up to 80 psi. After that it starts hissing and goes back to 70.

Now, when I start unscrewing the valve, it releases lot of air by the time I remove it and end up at 50 psi.

Not so suitable for road bikes I guess.

9. The Topeak Road Morph is a pump that can be frame mounted and functions like a floor pump. The head converts to Presta and Schrader.

10. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

I have a $10 Bell pump from Walmart and it also takes only 10 seconds.

Electra likes this.
  11. Dalton Bourne

Dalton Bourne New Member

If you want more comfort while riding, make sure your bike tires are perfectly inflated. The right tire pressure helps you have a comfortable ride. You can ride smoothly and confidently with the correct pressure if you know how to inflate your bike's tires.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Dalton Bourne

Dalton Bourne New Member

How to inflate a bike tire is never complicated. You just need the basic knowledge of understanding the tire valve, the correct bike pump, and the recommended tire pressure. You do not need expert skills to be able to inflate your own bicycle tires.