New Owner With Questions

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Sully151, Nov 28, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sully151

Sully151 Member

That would be fine if my MINI came with the Parking Sensor display. Since my car doesn’t have it, it just says “Reverse Camera”. That’s just stupid.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

I personally don't care about the wasted space since I don't actually look at the backup camera when reversing but I don't really think there's a better solution...

Obviously, including the promised sensors and associated UI would be ideal but other than that, the only option is to crop the top/bottom of the camera image to fit the wide screen. This could cut off low and close objects that may hit the bottom of the bumper (like a parking block).

Godfrey likes this.
  4. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Very cool! So is this the same concept as Dog mode or whatever it’s called in a Tesla?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Almost, but not quite. The SE's climatization will stop after 15 minutes. And there's no "Dog is SAFE" message on the display like Tesla's dog mode.

Denise C likes this.
  6. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Haha. Funny. Have to get creative on “dog is safe”

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that my wife, who often prefers to just stay in the car during our hot summers here in Texas while I run into a convenience store for a small purchase, would take serious objection to the "dog is safe" Tesla message ...

kicksology and insightman like this.