New software available

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by JBW11, Nov 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

Ahhh I don't use that feature as I only charge at home. Scheduling is awesome though.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

I haven't gotten around to upgrading the software on my 2019 Niro EV. What am I missing out on?

4. JasonG

JasonG Member

Doesn't seem much different to me. Kind of an upgrade lite... Unfortunately, they didn't update the radio interface.

5. JasonG

JasonG Member

After using this new version for a while, I noticed that the screen keeps blanking out and resetting... The map will turn off and on frequently and split the screen with the radio randomly. Anyone else notice this? My car is a 2019 model

6. Kia Guy

Kia Guy Active Member

I have not experienced this.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JasonG

JasonG Member

9. JasonG

JasonG Member

Well, it won't let me install the older version... and I tried cleaning the contacts on the SD card but made no difference. So, I tried downloading to another SD card and now the updating software says no updates are available for my vehicle (2019 Niro EV) so maybe it's a known issue and they are trying to fix?

10. Kia Guy

Kia Guy Active Member

Yeah, I've been trying to re-install the firmware for a few weeks now but it's just telling me that updates are unavailable.
    PITA

11. JasonG

JasonG Member

Just got off the phone with the mapping people (FYI, # is 888-757-0010). The did pull this update due to software issues...

The guy I spoke said they are processing the fixes and reposting the software starting last Friday and through this week. He said the Kia Niro EV software had not been reposted yet. So, keep checking and download the fixed version if you already updated.

Kia Guy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Robert Besen

Robert Besen Member

Thanks for posting this!

14. Kia Guy

Kia Guy Active Member

Software available again. It did not resolve my location-based charging issue.

15. JasonG

JasonG Member

Sorry the new software didn't fix your issue... I finally had time to download and install. Hopefully it fixes the map issue...

16. JasonG

JasonG Member

Map issue was fixed for me with the new update!

17. Kia Guy

Kia Guy Active Member

Have an appointment with the dealership to try to address my location-based charging issue. What a pain.

18. Kia Guy

Kia Guy Active Member

The location-based charging issue was unable to be resolved at the dealership level. Sounds like they're moving the issue to Kia HQ.

19. Any features in the 2021 November update that make it worth even considering the trouble of installing it? I am currently running some version from 2020 or earlier 2021(?) in my 2019 Niro. (Purple screens, ambient sound features, etc).

20. JasonG

JasonG Member

I think they updated the maps and locations, etc. So it might be worth upgrading as it doesn't cost anything. It's been working very well now for my 2019. I'm able to search for places like in google maps and I like it better than using carplay...

21. Doesn't cost anything? This is news to me. I had to pay for a Flash RAM card with the software on it for my last update (~$70 IIRC). I also have a 2019. How did you get yours?

22. Crash

Crash Member

You just need to have a big USB drive. Then download the update from the site.