Any D.I.Y. tire changers out there? I need tips for jacking Gen 2 Leaf

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by @peterforint, Nov 21, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. @peterforint

@peterforint New Member

We tried to jack our 2018 Leaf with a floor jack and rubber frame rail protectors but stopped when frame rail started to splay. The hockey puck-like rubber adapter was useless from Amazon.

I've seen metal adapters but they seem to be available only in the USA or ship from China. (I'm in Ontario, Canada). I need something soon, and PartSource, Cdn Tire, and Princess Auto do not carry them.

Then I remembered our Prius has a scissor jack. Unfortunately, same problem.

How do you jack up your Leaf?

Thank you!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. @peterforint

@peterforint New Member

4. DCMB

DCMB New Member

I had the same issues with the question of where to place the jack, you're right the manual is not at all helpful. I also had the same issue with the frame splaying. I bought a small trolly jack for my doing my seasonal winter tire changes. It's much easier to use, and it has a bit larger surface area to distribute the weight. A home made wood block also helps. I've found that moving slightly farther toward the mid-point of the vehicle (back from the front wheels, forward of the rear) seems to find a stronger position on the ridge of steel.
    Hope this helps.

KarriO likes this.