2022 - content changes

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Raleigh Ron, Oct 26, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

The 2022 EX base model has new content added over the 2021 model - like the 10.25-in entertainment screen and upgraded speakers.

Oddly, the 2022 Premium model has been de-contented - no more self-dimming rear-view mirror and no LED headlights.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Danhen

Danhen Active Member

This varies by country. Where are you located?

4. DamnIHateThat

DamnIHateThat Member

I don't know if this is true, but I heard that the manufacturer offers all the options to the regional reps (i.e. Kia Canada) and they then spec. out the various trim levels for their particular market. Cold weather vs warm, target price points etc.

5. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

I'm in USA. We seem to get lower content levels sometimes, to help lower costs.

Danhen likes this.
  6. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

Only thing I wish I had that surprised me when it wasn't there in Canada:

Auto wipers

Like why not put in that $5.00 system lol

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Danhen

Danhen Active Member

LED headlights have never been available in the U.S. on the Niro EV with the exception of an introductory trim level (can't recall exactly what it was called) when the Niro EV was first available in the U.S. This has been discussed before and many of us in the U.S wish it was available and would be willing to pay the upcharge for it.

Kendalf likes this.
  9. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

I was very impressed with the Niro when I took it for a test drive but heated seats and steering wheel are an absolute essential for the economical operation of an EV in Canada. They are only available at the higher trim level. It ended up being a deal breaker for trading in my much loved 2018 Leaf S. I was only interested in the higher range of the Niro and the depreciation whack on the 2018 trade in value lead me to stay with the status quo.

Robert Bratton likes this.
  10. Crash

Crash Member

Here in the US, I believe that heated seats are on both trim levels (was on my cheapo package). Heating steering wheel (along w/ battery heater and heat pump) is part of the Cold Weather Package.

11. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

Agreed! The headlights on my 2020 have been quite disappointing. I think you are referring to the "Launch Edition" package that was available in limited quantities when the Niro EV was first introduced in 2019. It is sad that some of those features were never to be seen again for the Niro EV (such as the LED headlights and the forward parking distance warning.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Hey Ron, I was back in Raleigh for a couple of weeks in October!

14. The heated seats, a heat pump and heated steering wheel are available in the Cold Weather Package on the 2022 Kia Niro EV EX. I just leased one with it.

15. Electra

Electra Active Member

Did you buy it in Canada? Canadian trims may be different.

16. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

2022 EX+ in Canada has heated seats/wheel, pump and battery heater as standard equipment.

17. BillX

BillX New Member

I have seen several places refer to wireless phone charging as a Premium feature yet my base 2022 model has it. Is that perhaps a change for 2022 base or are those sources wrong?

18. I leaaed it in Pennsylvania in the US. The cold weather package was already installed. The EX has wireless charging but not wireless Android Auto or Apple Car Play.

19. BillX

BillX New Member

20. I also believe that bluetooth phone mirroring is now in all Kia vehicles starting with the 2022 model year.

21. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

If you're meaning wireless android auto/carplay You are incorrect.
    It's not supported on the 10.25" even for 2022

22. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

That's correct, only the 8" screens has it unfortunately. Must be hardware that's missing in the 10.25". I can't remember off the tp of head, they don't have WiFi hotspot or any such feature I don't believe. Not sure if the 8" has this or not, but that would be one explaination.