MINI Delivery Checklist?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Sully151, Nov 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sully151

Sully151 Member

Hi,
    My MINI just arrived at the dealership!!!
    Hopefully we will pick it up tomorrow or Saturday.

is there a checklist or anything specific I should look for?

I know Tesla owners have created entire lists of things to go through on their cars, from panel gaps, to interior issues, etc.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

This was discussed in a thread on inspection items, but generally the build quality for MINI is really high. Two things to look for:

1. Make sure dealer charges the car. Maybe remind them there's a setting for charge rate.
    2. Make sure you have all the feature you expect, like parking sensors and Harman Kardon sound. These things have been left off due to chip shortages.

NewGreen and insightman like this.
  4. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

BTW...My dealer set my car to Max charge rate for both charge types. I had read here that the default from Mini is "reduced".

Rob

Denise C likes this.
  5. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

Also, check for loose grille shutters! Apparently, a number of people have found theirs loose from the factory. Grille guy has a post on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

GvilleGuy likes this.
  6. ghost

ghost Active Member

Sully, where are you located?

Mine is delayed another week. Supposed to come in this weekend, but got pushed back to next.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Sully151

Sully151 Member

I am in Orange County, CA.

ghost likes this.
  9. ghost

ghost Active Member

I am, too, but ordered through SD dealership. The one I ordered is at the dealer, apparently, but the one that I switched to (different color roofs) is not, somehow, even though they were on the same boat. I don't get it.

10. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Hi Rob,
    So should it set to reduced or max? I guess I need to find the thread about charge settings.
    Thanks

11. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

I think the max on the 120V EVSE is 10amp. Any 120V outlet should be able to handle that. So, set the default to max.

insightman and Denise C like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

"Max" for Level 1 in the SE is actually 15 A, but the Level 1 cable is limited to 10 A so the car won't draw 15 A with that cable. Look for "Charge current" in the MINI Motorer's Guide.

Denise C likes this.
  14. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Definitely check the grill shutter assembly. I think around eight 2022 owners have messaged me saying they had loose shutters. That is a high percentage considering only a tiny fraction of 2022 owners are likely to have seen this forum or my youtube post about it.

wessy, Denise C and kicksology like this.