Access to Tesla supercharger network

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by eCork, Nov 1, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. No, why would anyone need to confiscate anything? In the EU all cars including Tesla use CCS.

Other than Tesla, and old chademo, manufacturers are using CCS. Why use something that isn't being used widely worldwide?

electriceddy, Ginginova and R P like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Because the CharIN people have already kicked down enough doors and rammed the ISO15118 network
    nightmare down enough throats with all their "V2x" propaganda that it just ain't gonna happen. Almost
    makes me embarrassed to admit I know what an OSI stack is.

_H*

mtd likes this.
  4. Yeah, don't ram that red, yellow and green stop light down my throat.

5. Aren't standards great? There are so many to choose from... :oops:

6. eurokeitai

eurokeitai New Member

PLC communication, EXI XML compression, OSI stack diagrams. CCS managed to give a new lease of life to the weirdest of technologies.

mtd likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Well, they are starting to just do that, hopefully this V4 version c/w CCS adapter and CC reader will happen in Canada as well:
    [​IMG]:)

9. I used a Supercharger with the Magic Dock earlier this evening. No issues, had to give an extra tug on the connector to get it to come out of its holder. Received the full 78 kW after a few minutes when presumably the battery warmed up. Easton, Maryland.
    PXL_20231014_003624040.jpg PXL_20231014_003606449.jpg PXL_20231014_002436689.jpg PXL_20231014_001112779.jpg

arhnold, ericy, dark night and 3 others like this.
  10. Used the Supercharger recently at Forks, Wa on Friday the 13th. This is the town where Twilight was filmed. At the Vampire / Wherewolf treaty line a sign said vampire danger was high. In spite of all this I WAS NOT ATTACKED BY VAMPIRES OR WHEREWOLVES. And the supercharger worked fine, too.

A few tips for your first time:
    - Updating the Tesla app with payment information the first time you use it takes a few minutes. So give it time to get ready.
    - Push in, then pull out. That's how you connect the adaptor. Don't yank it.
    - Try to slip in to only one spot at a time. Not as easy as it sounds since the Tesla cords are quite short.

Thanks, Elon, for letting us play in your sandbox too.

insightman likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.