Heads Up Display Plus Traffic sign Recognition

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Jolee, Nov 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jolee

Jolee Member

My 2019 Kona Ultima has a HUD which I enjoy. The Audi Etron plus has a traffic sign recognition. The Audi Etron prestige has 1. a traffic sign recognition and 2. a heads up display.
    I'm confused, as I thought they were both the same. You have to go up a trim level to get a heads up display? Thanks for your patience :)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. hieronymous

hieronymous Active Member

A HUD is a line-of-sight display screen, either a popup as in the Kona, or a reverse projection onto the windscreen. It is a premium feature so you pay more. It can show anything the manufacturer chooses, typically vehicle speed, consumption and satnav directions..
    Traffic sign recognition is one of the newer safety features - a sensor detects road signs showing speed limits; this info is most commonly shown in the dash display as a warning of speeding...

Jolee likes this.
  4. Jolee

Jolee Member

Thanks-I appreciate our Kona Hud. Thought they were one and the same. Yea Kona Ultima!!

5. KonaScot

KonaScot Active Member

Not all HUDs display same information and data....varies by make, model, trim line.

6. Jolee

Jolee Member

Right! MY confusion came from Audi Etron's Traffic sign recognition because our HUD has this.++

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The BMW i3 had this in 2013. The Ford Mach-E has it now.

9. Jolee

Jolee Member

Right-Audi has both Hud and sign recognition in the top trim model. Just sign recognition in premium and premium plus trims.
    I like to use our Kona EV's Hud along with Nav. I'm sure the Ioniq 5 will have Hud also.

WHEN is the Ioniq 5 coming !!!!!!!Winter? Oh, Christmas presents!!

electriceddy likes this.
  10. That is precisely the only time I use it as it gives more than adequate information easily sight accessible and specific with time to allow for preparation of turns etc (worry free), dependable especially when travelling to unknown areas. It really is a nice feature for such an application:)

mho, arhnold and Jolee like this.