LA to LV

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by angLe, Nov 3, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. angLe

angLe New Member

Has anyone driven from Los Angeles to Las Vegas in their SE? I'm thinking about making the journey but it looks like there's a segment that might be cutting it close due to the change in elevation.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

The closest I know of is a trip from Albuquerque to Colorado, which is basically uphill the whole way and the SE did great.

bpschroder likes this.
  4. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Sorry, reading your subject title all I can think of is Uneasy Rider by Charlie Daniels. :)

5. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Did you try A Better Route Planner? It looks like a fairly easy trip with plenty of chargers. 90 minutes of charging each way.

6. angLe

angLe New Member

No, I figured it out on my own. I'm about halfway there. Wish me luck.

bpschroder likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Good luck! Download the Plugshare app if you haven't already.

9. angLe

angLe New Member

I made it! The entire trip from Port Hueneme to Las Vegas took 8 hours.

Martha, F14Scott and MichaelC like this.
  10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

That's even further than LA to LV! Where did you stop to charge up? Did you ever have to wait for a plug? How low did your charge percentage get? Was the trip exciting or anxious? My furthest destination was only 120 miles from home so I'm interested in stories of intrepid SE motorers.

11. angLe

angLe New Member

I charged in Glendora, Victorville, Barstow, rest stop before Baker, Baker, rest stop after Baker then in Las Vegas. I only found one faulty charger which was in Las Vegas, other than that I had no problems. The free DC fast chargers at the rest stops were a nice surprise.

12. To remove this ad click here.