Aftermarket wheel suggestions

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by hanyoung99, Jul 1, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. hanyoung99

hanyoung99 New Member

Likely picking up a BRG SE with white caps/roof on stock 16" rims (Victory spokes).

Would love to change these out and thinking of these two options:

17 x 7.5 / ET48 Enkei RPF1 silver with 205/45 tires (minimal poke). These would be silver, with the advantage of being lightweight
    https://www.fitmentindustries.com/buy-wheel-offset/3797754448SP/enkei-rpf1-17x75-48?vehicle_type=Car&year=2021&make=Mini&model=Cooper&trim=S&suspension=Stock

18 x 8.5 / ET35 Fifteen52 Apex rally white comp (sig poke). These would be white, match with the caps, but significantly heavier
    https://www.fitmentindustries.com/buy-wheel-offset/STMRW-88551+35/fifteen52-comp-18x85-35?vehicle_type=Car&year=2021&make=Mini&model=Cooper&trim=S&suspension=Stock

Any thoughts to the wheel fitment / experts in the crowd?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. J.Dubs

J.Dubs Member

Weight is important, but everyone has RPF1's

4. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

hanyoung99, did you select a new wheel? If not, I suggest you consider picking a wheel style that you really like and then having the wheels either painted or powder coated in white.

There simply are not many wheel styles available in white, so making your own opens up a lot more options.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Akanaten likes this.
  5. Jim In Tucson

We are fortunate in Tucson to have two shops that specialize in wheel repairs and refinishing. Nuwheel.com and Awrswheelrepair.com, both have good reviews. I have not used either one. I would personally prefer a shop that specializes in wheels rather than a straight up auto paint
    shop. There are also numerous U tube videos of people simply rattle can spray painting their wheels. I would not do that; however, some of them do look outstanding.

6. SteveC

SteveC New Member

I have had good luck with powder coating wheels to fit with many of the custom vehicles that I have built for customers. Not so much with painting.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. J.Dubs

J.Dubs Member

9658AA93-61BA-41C6-A830-FB2080E463C6.jpg

I went with the OZ racing wheels.

9. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

Same here! Well, almost. I ordered the 17" Superturismo LM in black.

Do you know what offset those are? 18x8 ET35? Or ET45? Mine are only ET50 so I may need a 5mm spacer to clear the shocks.

10. hanyoung99

hanyoung99 New Member

J.Dubs - great wheel choice! I think the white looks sharp and the regen braking should help hide the brake dust. I ordered the 1552 comps in 17s for the wife. SHould get here by the end of month. 17x7.5, ET35

J.Dubs likes this.
  11. Jim In Tucson

I will look forward to seeing these.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Jim In Tucson

There here!

IMG_4159.JPG

Looks terrific!!! White roof, white mirror caps, white wheels and BRG. Very nice traditional combo indeed.

Now, about the white hood stripes…

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  14. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Looks great, but it definitely could use white bonnet stripes :)

15. hanyoung99

hanyoung99 New Member

hahahaha Jim you are too much! Here I am trying to figure out how to post pics, and you are already on top of it! That is awesome.

I have the Cravenspeed glossy white bonnet stripes in the trunk of my wife's car! - so we are all thinking the same thing :) I'd like to get the car detailed and maybe ceramic coated just for the fact that it would let the brake dust wash off the wheels. I've been calling around detail shops and most don't have any experience with applying bonnet stripes, so it might by DIY. Fortunately, cravenspeed will send you another pair for $5 if you get it crooked :)

16. Jim In Tucson

YouTube Bonnet Stripe Instructions.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    Carsten Haase likes this.
  17. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

MCM! I forgot how long they've been around, that's an old video