Tesla upgrades available and autopilot questions

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by miatadan, Oct 21, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Recently placed order for Tesla Model 3.

Did not order autopilot. What is cruise control limited too when no autopilot?

What upgrades are available to purchase on the Tesla vehicle app after receiving your Tesla?

Thinking if paying for Autopilot later not paying finance interest charges as part of auto loan.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I can't help you. Plz let us know what happens.

Bob Wilson

4. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are not confusing Autopilot with Full Self Driving? Doesn't the base model should come with Autopilot.

5. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Turns out the base model 3 SR, Autopilot is $4000 option.

Does anyone use Autopilot on city streets in daily traffic or only on highways. Maybe Tesla felt with the lower range in the city Autopilot not really needed?

Dan

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I suspect a separate AutoPilot was part of the Canadian price adjustment but I don't know.

As for AutoPilot in urban areas, there are plenty of highway-like throughways in most cities. It is the neighborhood streets that AutoPilot comes short because it needs left and right lane markers to start. Once started, it continues to work with either a lane line or curb... unless you brake. Then it is off until you find a dual lane marker segment.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    marshall likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

OK, that makes sense now.

There's Autopilot in the USA and a lite version in Canada. I guessing it allows them to qualify for a subsidy by lowering the price.