Security system for the Mini Cooper SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by azausa, Oct 1, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Does the Mini SE need an alarm system? My dealer says no, as the car is immobilised without the key.

For my peace of mind, I ordered a Mini Advanced Car Eye 2.0, at least to have record of who or what hit the car when publicly parked.

endquote likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

Please post up some pics when you get this. And a review, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. Will do , Tim. DHL says it will arrive on the 8 Oct, then I’ll have the dealer install it.

5. endquote

endquote Active Member

I'm also curious how this is going, what the total cost was, and what you think of it. My US dealer seems to think they're hard to come by and is quoting up to $1000 (!) to install.

6. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

$466 for the camera alone?

I have front and rear installed for a total of $320 with the same quality for both (no 30fps rear)

Front was super easy to install. The rear was a bit more effort but both combined we're not $540 worth of labor... Probably took me 3hrs of work for both including custom wiring harnesses.

If you haven't seen it I posted lots of installation pics here: https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/dash-cam-install.11398/

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hi guys, apologies for the delay in the update; the dealership had a delay in scheduling my install. It is only happening tomorrow.

I had to order the ACE from a dealership in the UK approx for US$379 via eBay.

Will update you tomorrow on the install cost.

Here is what the box looks like. IMG_2941.JPG

9. So the saga continues, the ACE was supposed to be installed today, but the dealership discovered it was missing cable connectors; apparently the inside of the box says, cable connectors not included. So they have to order the cable connectors and due to the weekend holiday here in NZ, I might be looking at another week

10. Apologies for the late update, the MINI ACE 2.0 has now been installed on our SE. The dealer needed to add the following to the install as they didn’t come with the box, so they say:

2x bushing
    4x cable terminal
    1 fuse
    2x fuse Mini, y - really don’t what this is
    4x socket contact

According to the dealer the install took 5 hours.

Here is how it looks: IMG_3822.JPG IMG_3823.JPG

GvilleGuy and endquote like this.
  11. endquote

endquote Active Member

I’m curious how it looks on the inside too, if it was a 5hr install hopefully it looks like it came included from the factory. Sounds like an expensive job though.

what do you think of the software?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

I have one of these in Jessie, and love it. Front and rear cameras displayed on the huge, split rear view mirror view, backup hash markers, GPS, bump recording trigger, no extra device clobbering my windshield. My tint/stereo guy installed it in under two hours for $200.

4K Mirror Dash Cam for Cars with Voice Control, 12" IPS Full Touch Screen, GPS Tracking Rear View Mirror Camera Dash Cam Mirror Backup Rear View Camera, Loop Recording, Night Vision, Parking Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094R6VG2G/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_D0ACT51AEVGKYJ9Y6A15?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot_20211120-090412_Amazon Shopping.jpg

14. The software seems to be all right. You can configure the driving to record the whole drive with the g sensor or just the g sensor. I only want to monitor an exception so I just use the g-sensor though I find the g-sensor to be very sensitive as it beeps every time we hit a hump. The parking mode can be configured with radar and the g sensor or just the g sensor, I use both. I have lowered the sensitivity of the radar sensor. The front camera can record at 60fps but the rear only at 30. I have also turn on the GPS. I do would like to be able to change the voice, it sounds too robotic. The camera records at 60sec intervals and you can save them to your phone inside the app but not inside your phone. To make a real backup you need to pull out the SD card and plug it to your computer. The microphone is quite sensitive, able to pickup external and internal sounds though not hifi.

Attached is a pic of how it looks like from the inside. The install was pretty clean, as if nothing was touched except for all of a sudden the cameras where there. IMG_4652.JPG

GvilleGuy and SpeedyRS like this.