2020 Leaf SV plus VSP NOISE...solution????

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by ShaneWpg, Dec 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ShaneWpg

ShaneWpg New Member

I have both a 2019 and 2020 Leaf. the 2020 VSP noise is AWFUL!!!!

Any help finding the 'speaker'/generator of this noise would be very appreciated!
    Shane - [email protected]. I hope at very least to mute it , if I cannot STOP it!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Electra

Electra Active Member

I heard someone on reddit said you can disable it with Leafspy Pro and an OBD2 adapter.

4. NZ EV

NZ EV New Member

On the 2020 leaf the VSP speaker is located just behind the front number plate. It cannot be disabled using Leaf spy.
    It is fairly to just reach in the front air intake and just unplug it but you do end up with a warning light in the instrument cluster.
    If you want the light to go away wire in a 4-6 ohm resistor in the place of the speaker. Use a resistor of enough wattage. 5 watts should be enough.

KENNY likes this.
  5. Jan Galkowski

Jan Galkowski New Member

Huh. I rather like the sound.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

When I first hear it, I thought there was something wrong with the car.

8. Buzzard8080

Buzzard8080 New Member

I have a 2020 Leaf SL plus and I was able to turn off both sounds using the LeafSpy app. I had to purchase an ODB-II wifi scanner tool as well. It was pretty simple. I spent $45 in total but well worth it. I was sick of the reverse sound.

KENNY likes this.
  9. Kayle Clements

Kayle Clements New Member

Using Leafspy (beta version) for my 23 does not turn off the sounds. I purchased a LELink^2 unit and I can get LeafSpy to see the Leaf, just changes have no effect. Is the wifi scanner tool the same idea as the LELink? One that plugs in under the drivers side steering wheel?

10. Takophiliac

Takophiliac New Member

Can confirm, unable to disable the VSP noises. It would seem Nissan added some software to detect if disablement had been requested and to re-enable it if so. Drove slowly in a straight line while disabling it and it does disable, for about 3-4 seconds and then it fades back in.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. ShaneWpg

ShaneWpg New Member

Found the solution! LeafSpy Pro plus Ob connector. AWESOME!

13. ShaneWpg

ShaneWpg New Member

Definitely worked THANK YOU!