Signature Rear Parking Sensors $500

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Tommm, Oct 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Ii am at the dealership closing my deal. I showed the salesman and GM the first page of the build your own on their website.

My car doesn't have option 507. GM was on phone with zone rep a good 45 minutes. Was offered a few things. Took $500 towards Mini brand accessories. I will get winter mats, and the cargo mat to start.

What else is useful?

If you have a signature on order take a screenshot of the web page now. I think they will be fixing it shortly. Good luck.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

Did you order the Driver Assist package ($750 option I ordered on mine)? If not, is the Signature supposed to come with rear parking sensors?

I see "Active Driving Assistant with Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning" as a standard feature, but not rear parking sensors on the Signature.

EDIT: I did not initially put this together with the previous conversations of "missing" parking distance sensors that are supposed to be standard: https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/2022-se-missing-rear-parking-sensors.11132/

Rob

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  4. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

The only option in my car is roof rails. the other levels will have the sensors

5. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I think you already figured this out, but yeah, rear park distance is supposed to be standard across the board according to the MINI website. I'll be curious to see if it shows up on mine. I can live without it, so if I can get a roof rack and cargo mats in exchange I'll consider it a win.

6. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Take a picture of the website
    They had fixed the site toward the end of the build process that says only camera. The way it is written in the first page infers it is one item, camera with beepers, not camera, and also beepers.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. moofpup

moofpup Active Member

I don't see it on the website anymore but my dealer build sheet has it listed.

9. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Still there. Salesman showed me the bulletin from BMW USA that said they are deleting it from Signature, but keeping it on plus and iconic because of the chip shortage.
    Go to
    Build yours - Trim -Signature - standard features
    https://www.miniusa.com/build-your-own.html#/studio/elk8a0lf/trim

Signature Trim

SIGNATURE TRIM FEATURES
    • Heated front seats and steering wheel
    • Touchscreen Navigation System
    • Carbon Black Leatherette upholstery
    View Less
    • Media System with 8.8" Display
    • LED headlights with cornering lights
    • Rearview Camera and Park Distance Control
    • Comfort Access keyless entry

If you do a complete build, the GM told me at the end it says only rearview camera. The deceptive part is there is no comma in the features. Looks like the camera and distance control are one option code, not two, so when one gets to the end it is assumed they are both part of one package.

Like media system with 8.8" display. The media system is probably one option code, and last year there were two displays, so the 8.8 is/was probably a separate option code.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  10. moofpup

moofpup Active Member

I see it

Attached Files:

11. JoeC

JoeC New Member

I am supposed to take delivery soon and want to make sure I get what I paid for. I ordered a Signature ($29.9K) with the Driver Assistance package (+$750). On the Vehicle Inquiry Report from time of order, I see the following two "Options" - 541 Active Cruise Control and 5DP Parking Assistant.

I don't understand how this might differ from the Rear Parking Sensor issue described above. Can someone let me know specifically what to look out for when I get to the dealer?? Tx!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The Parking Assistant requires both front and rear parking sensors. You'll see the round sensors on your fender flares.

14. JoeC

JoeC New Member

Thanks. Hopefully they will be there. If not I will certainly raise a stink given I paid extra for this.

15. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

No forum members who ordered SEs with Parking Assist have reported they were shorted the parking sensors. It appears MINI was saving the sensors for cars that absolutely must have them for the Parking Assist feature.

JoeC likes this.
  16. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

If you see 5DP you won't also see 507 because parking distance is included in 5DP.

JoeC and insightman like this.
  17. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

That's it. Good luck!
    I didn't have to raise a stink. Although I have raised a few at car dealers, including the Mazda dealer in Manhattan that had the NYPD joining the party.

I pointed out the discrepancy, and asked if the GM would call the regional rep.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  18. Stepen

Stepen New Member

i just noticed exactly the same issue for my mini se now after delivery the last week of December. I found this thread as I was looking for solution that there’s no direction lines when I reverse using my backup camera which supposed to be a standard feature, does that happen to yours too? I will for sure contact my salesmen.

19. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

When you're in reverse, hit the options button on the iDrive system and you can turn the lines on.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  20. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

Just as update to this older thread, we ordered a Signature the last week of August 2031 and it showed up with rear parking sensors the last day of November 2021.

21. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

My car is not here yet, but the rear park distance control is listed as standard in My Mini Garage. Hopefully it is so equipped.

22. Bemsha

Bemsha Member

I have the rear sensors and Honestly I’d rather just have the $500. It picks up on too much stuff that’s not directly behind you and the beeping is super annoying. And it start beeping far too early imo, like at least 5 feet away (and again, it beeps at things that are like more than a foot beside you that I was absolutely in no danger of hitting). I don’t have the front sensors though, and have found myself wishing I had them a few times. I would love to have front and back sensors, but I only need it to start telling me how close I am to something once I’m within 2-3 feet. I can eyeball it up til that point.

maybe that’s just me though. But the way the rear sensors are now, I’d rather just have $500.

Godfrey likes this.
  23. I neither could turn the lines on nor could change the brightness/contrast while in reverse, those options are grayed out on my signature trim. Is that expected?