Surfboard - Snowboard / Roof Rack

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by VeloLCDR, Oct 13, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. VeloLCDR

VeloLCDR New Member

In the hopes that my new SE arrives to CA Nov 5th and then to Seattle area later the next week was curious if anyone had traveled with surfboards/Snowboards on their SE's and what kind of hit that takes? I plan to shift to All-Weather tires (three peak rated) for the winter. I have fast chargers on route so not too worried (maybe a little)...just wondering how far I could push it with added resistance.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

Can't help with your roof rack question as I don't have my Mini yet. It is on the Grand Duke due to CA on 10/28. What ship is yours on?

Rob

4. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

How far apart are the chargers?

5. Sean Greene

Sean Greene New Member

I have an SE on order as well for pickup in Nov. I would guess that you will take a bigger hit on freeway driving and higher speeds as wind resistance increases. Fast charger speeds slow past 80% (for all battery vehicles). I would plan on just fast charging about every 80 miles. I am picking mine up in LA and will road trip it back to NorCal. I checked on PlugShare and there are tons of fast chargers on all major highways in CA.

6. VeloLCDR

VeloLCDR New Member

No more than 50 miles apart (Electrify America).

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. VeloLCDR

VeloLCDR New Member

Mine is on the Lyra Leader - expected CA November 5th.

9. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how much range you'll lose, but I can assure you that you will be fine. You may have to stop every 50 miles, but the stops will be short.

polyphonic likes this.
  10. Sean Greene

Sean Greene New Member

I
    I’m jealous. Mine is still in the production line. I’m finishing the Bolt buyback on Monday so we will try to make due with one car. How long from production time to delivery did it take? I’m checking out the spreadsheet but it’s all over the place. Mine is ordered from Alexander Mini in LA.

11. VeloLCDR

VeloLCDR New Member

Put order in on 10 Sept, entered production on 23 Sept, built 6 October and left Southampton 11 Sept. A lot faster than my dealer said (told me late December if i was lucky...). Should have it second week of November hopefully!

insightman likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Sully151

Sully151 Member

My parents ordered theirs from Alexander MINI. They ordered on September 30, received their order number that day. It just got moved to “Dispatched from Factory” yesterday. It should be on a boat by next week and here before Thanksgiving, I would think.

insightman likes this.