Inspection tips?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by endquote, Oct 13, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. endquote

endquote Active Member

After following this forum for a while I've seen reports of minor issues with cars shortly after their delivery. Crooked badges, busted grille shutters, etc.

When picking up a car, are there common manufacturing issues that I should look out for? Anything I should demand the dealer fix on the spot, or give discounts for?

Or is every car 100% perfect off the line? :)

DisgruntledSanta likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sully151

Sully151 Member

As someone who has a MINI on order, I’d like to know what to look for as well.

I know on some of the Tesla forums, they have printable checklists. I know MINI is t Tesla and probably has better QC.

4. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Since the SE comes down the same production line as the ICE version, perhaps asking about the latter (on an ICE forum, of couse) might also turn up some useful info?

Texas22Step and endquote like this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Perfect off the line!

Kidding aside, MINI does a great job of delivering quality cars. Once the car arrives at the port it apparently goes through a QC process, and they will fix things on site at the port before sending to the dealer.

That said, I thought I had an issue with the side windows not going down all the way and my dealer was more than happy to look into it under warranty. We even tested with a bunch of showroom ICE models. Turns out it was a non-issue, but my dealer service was very happy to help give a perfect experience.

6. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

I would look for paint chips or other defects. Just spend a few minutes looking it over. Things happen.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Just look for nuances, when we got our SE, we noticed the door mirrors cover were yellow, we ordered body colour black, which the dealer replaced and I also noticed that the HK was not installed, which we had a discussion and he replaced it with a ceramic coating and a short antenna and a discount on the install of the ACE. Otherwise the car was perfect, even the rubber floor mats were in the car already. The dealer had a checklist that he went through when we inspected the car and showed me how to operate the EVness of the SE and also connected my phone to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs