Just reserved 9/29/21

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by G-10, Sep 30, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. G-10

G-10 New Member

We're sold on an ID.4 Pro-S AWD for my wife. How long can we expect to wait for a 2022. Will
    it be built in Germany or Tennessee?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. G-10

G-10 New Member

Well I learned from VW that it will be built in Germany and wait time after lock-in is between 6-8 months.

Domenick likes this.
  4. Kegardne

Kegardne New Member

Hello,

I had the same concern about the current lead time. I went ahead and ordered mine anyways and my build is now actually scheduled to arrive between Dec 2021 and Jan 2022. I was very surprised. I was thinking I wouldn’t get my car until April or May 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. Kegardne

Kegardne New Member

I forgot to mention that I submitted my order just a few weeks ago (Mid September).

6. pucksave

pucksave Member

I'm in the same boat as you but I also have a regular Pro AWD reservation locked in May and it is scheduled for sept-Oct..well, its not going to be sept and I am damn sure it won't be Oct--so don't believe everything you read--i would add 2 months to whatever they say

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. You had a 10,000+ long (and growing) reservation list to work through, so that helps explain the wait. The Chattanooga factory isn't expected to start actual production until the 2nd half of '22. I believe by August, it'll be churning out cars.

ericy and G-10 like this.
  9. srikp

srikp New Member

I booked my ID.4 Pro S last week and at time of booking the portal showed Oct 2021 as delivery date. Its been close to a full week and nothing has changed on the dates. What has been your experience? How true has VW been to the date? I am sorry if this has been addressed.

G-10 likes this.
  10. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Oct 2021 on a brand new reservation? That doesn't add up to me at all unless they reallocated someone else's cancelled order to you.

What step are you on the wheel of torture?

11. srikp

srikp New Member

Its in the very first step:

upload_2021-10-5_17-22-20.png

I probably misinterpreted the below as availability right away as opposed to general availability.

upload_2021-10-5_17-24-52.png

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Nat

Nat New Member

I’m in North Carolina. Went into VW dealership last week and they told me that VW sends them a 1-2 vehicles from time to time. It so happened that one was already shipped to the dealership and here at the ports already, so I’ll have it in couple weeks. So I guess you can also check with your local dealership and see if they already are expecting a car to be shipped to them; you’ll be saving on the shipping fee also.

14. G-10

G-10 New Member

Well is yours RWD or AWD?

15. Impatient

Impatient New Member

We ordered an AWD Pro S early in 2021. In the last 4 months my delivery date has slipped 4 months, currently saying Nov/Dec 2021. I am hopeful the slippage was AWD-specific and is about over, so I can get this on my 2021 taxes!

16. G-10: I'm curious as to how you were notified that " my build is now actually scheduled to arrive between Dec 2021 and Jan 2022" ?

I just placed a reservation and clearly I'm just at Step 1.
    I wonder when/how to move to Step 2 "Place your order"

17. Impatient

Impatient New Member

VW will contact you, ask for another $400 to lock your configuration. I forget if you see the country of manufacture and delivery estimate before or after you pay...

18. Kegardne

Kegardne New Member

AWD.

19. Paula Dyas

Paula Dyas New Member

Has anyone that had VW estimate delivery in October 2021 received their AWD yet? I have one at step 3/7 'order confirmed' since October 15th and they are predicting a Jan-Feb 2022 delivery date. I am curious to see how accurate the VW predictions for delivery are.

20. Darryl Thompson

Darryl Thompson New Member

I got mine last Saturday AWD Pro S in Colorado. Delivery was listed as Sept.-Oct.

Paula Dyas likes this.
  21. SolarTim

SolarTim New Member

Keep an eye on your spam folder, my reservation was cancelled at one point. Finally noticed a reactivation message.

22. HepKona

HepKona Member

Was hoping to wait a bit for a Tennessee built model, but not sure the $2500 is worth the extra wait.

23. Kegardne

Kegardne New Member

Just a quick update here. My AWD Pro S Gradient reservation is still showing Dec 2021-Jan 2022 delivery even though it hasn’t shown that it’s left the factory yet. I’m thinking the shipping will take 3-4 weeks alone so the timeline is getting tight especially considering the upcoming holidays. I chatted with a rep a few weeks ago in the mortal and they just said that my delivery timeline will be updated if they need to push it back. Otherwise, they didn’t have any other info on where my car is in line. Has anyone else seen their delivery windows change? I’m hoping that since mine hasn’t changed it will still arrive in January.