Shake, rattle, and roll

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by turtleturtle, Oct 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Is anyone else hearing rattling from the a pillars on both sides? I’m tempted to pull off the trim and try to find out what is rattling in there; the more I drive, the louder it’s getting.

Anyone tried to fix this?

Daniel M W likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Daniel M W

Daniel M W Member

I had the same issue in my 2018 and now in my 2021. The problem is that the speaker(tweeter) vibrates in the enclosure. You can try to reproduce the rattle tapping on the twitter cover. Dealer removed the A pillar covers and installed foam tape. I heard about people putting an small drop of glue with a low temp glue gun, to maintain the Twitter in place. Can be an easy fix, but do it carefully not to break any pins or leave marks in the trim.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  4. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Same rattle in both my A pillars. Goes away in summer, comes back in winter. Assuming the gap decreases in summer when the interior is warmer.

5. turtleturtle

Did they fix it under warranty?

6. Daniel M W

Daniel M W Member

Yes, but needed to push them a lot as they always said "we cannot reproduce the issue", even after showing them a video where the rattle was absolutely evident.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. turtleturtle

9. turtleturtle

Okay, I am going to start with some felt at the base of the trim where it meets with the dash. After that it may be the tweeter.

Daniel M W likes this.
  10. turtleturtle

By way of update, I stuffed some felt in, but still lots of other noises coming from the a pillars and from somewhere inside the doors. I didn’t notice how bad it was until I drove a rental car on a recent trip.

For such a “nice” car, it feels rushed to production.

11. S L .

S L . Active Member

I had a rattle on my 2018 and 2019, didn’t notice it in my 2020. Didn’t bother to get them fixed since i only kept the car for a year.

12. To remove this ad click here.