2022 Side Scuttle Part Number?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by 01001010001, Mar 10, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 01001010001

01001010001 New Member

Anyone know the part number and/or if the new side scuttles will fit the 2021 models?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

MINI Parts Direct doesn't have 2022 parts in their online database yet and I don't know any other place more likely to be able to answer your question. You can call them at 800-467-5003.

Texas22Step likes this.
  4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Someone put the new scuttles on his F56 ICE, requiring some Bimmercode changes. Looks pretty easy though, and the halogen signal bulbs get replaced with LEDs. He got the red "S" scuttles for his ICE MINI, so not the exact part number needed for the SE.

MiniKnight and GvilleGuy like this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

For completeness, someone on the Facebook group found the part numbers for the LCI scuttles with the yellow "S":

63175A204E7
    63175A204E8​

GvilleGuy and 01001010001 like this.
  6. In anticipation of my SE's arrival, I'm planning some visual modifications. It looks like the parts above are particularly tricky to track down, so I'm thinking about popping off my chromed scuttles and painting or covering the chrome. From the video above, it looks like the old scuttles had one clip and were easy to pop off, but the new scuttles have two. Has had any luck removing theirs, and could you offer any tips you learned from the experience?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Isaac Simon

Isaac Simon New Member

There's very little chrome in the 2021 scuttles - just the silver E shape that goes around the highlighter yellow plug shape logo. If you're anticipating arrival, it sounds like you'll have the 2022 version that are chromeless anyway. If you do have a 2021, popping then out is pretty easy - just slide a flat plastic tool (I used a nonstick dish cleaning thingy) down from the top to depress the clip. Don't force it - if you do it right it should pull out easily. I did accidentally lose a clip into the bodywork (I put in the sequential LED version), so be careful!

Those new indicators are currently a bit pricy, but I'll switch to them when the cheap versions come along.