Heated seats when prewarming?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Ed V, Sep 27, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ed V

Ed V New Member

I tried searching this topic but did not find it. Is there a way to have the seats warm when using the app to preheat the car?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. No option on the app for this setting.

4. No, but they great up so fast there is really no point to the seats being preheated. Plus if the car is warm, the seats won't be cold any more.

John Lumsden likes this.
  5. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Also, if your body isn't in the seat to trap the heat generated, the seat will stay fairly cold because
    it's actually a very small amount of power -- less than 100W.

_H*

6. I can set my seat to warm up in the climate favourites in the app. I am in Canada so I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Wildeyed and Kirk like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Looks like it all depends on which market your car is sold in. This appears to be a simple software issue; easy to program for us, but??? I'll have to see if turning on "winter mode" enables the remote seat heater function. Of course living in Surrey, I've never had to use the winter setting that protects the battery from Edmonton/Winnipeg/Chicago conditions.

Btw, it seems to be a common error to assume that MY Kona ev is equipped the same as YOUR Kona ev when that's just not correct unless they're in the same market.

Our Konas being assembled for the Canadian market, were equipped with a heat pump and the large battery as stock. Not so in the usa

Hyundai Canada says we can't use a trailer hitch for our bike carrier, but I read that in Europe's model, that's not a problem. The Kona ice hitch fits our ev...

I'm told that in the home market, both the driver's and passenger's front seats are powered... but not in my Canadian model. But they make right hand drive models with a power driver's seat... yet they don't even offer the option to equip our Canadian Ultimate models with that seat.

Btw, you chose a great colour!! (same as our Ultimate... we went for the white interior)

Ed V likes this.
  9. You can? I can't. Doesn't even show up on Bluelink.

10. my 2019 Ultimate (canada) doesn't show seat warmer in bluelink climate either