Will Bob finally get to use his FSD in two weeks?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by marshall, Sep 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

With Beta 10 now released, will Bob get selected to finally use his FSD option in two weeks?

I personally don't think he will get it in two weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see he gets it by the end of the year.

What's your best guess?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I’ll let you know.

Bob Wilson

Domenick likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

Progress report:
    • 4.1.0 - updated iPhone Tesla App yesterday, Sept 25. Still getting used to it as "unlock charging port" explicit control is gone. But it appears that toggling the charge port icon can get it to work in about 30 seconds. Probably just a 'magic sequence' will make it happen faster. Good feature shows both SOC % and estimated range. I need to do a min-to-max charge cycle to 'calibrate' the BMS for a more accurate range estimate.
    • 2021.32.22 - 2019 Std Rng Plus Model 3 installation in progress to provide an enable FSD button. But there will still be a week of Tesla insurance monitoring before I can get it. I had thought about monitoring what others discover and trying to be a 'good driver' for a week ... no. I want to know what Tesla insurance thinks about my normal driving.
    My earliest FSD testing will be next weekend, October 2, 2021. Also, FSD revenue recognition will be in Q4, 2021 ... this could be big. No doubt there will be loud, skeptic complaints (I hear them clearing their throats.) Regardless, I'm more interested in what I discover.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    marshall likes this.
  5. marshall

Well I have my fingers crossed that you get selected for beta testing. It would be great to read about on how FSD works for you.

6. marshall

How does beta testing affect your car insurance?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

Farmers doesn't care or ask.

BTW, my score is up to 91.

Bob Wilson

9. marshall

It will be interesting to see if that changes with the wider rollout and the NTSB anxiety

10. bwilson4web

I noticed NTSB initially wanted a detailed Tesla data dump then a day or so later asked the others. Was it an ‘OPPS’ or did the honorable competition ask ‘Hey we’re as good as AutoPilot too.’

Regardless, I look forward to their report ALTHOUGH the “Bell the hybrid” (aka., pedestrian noise maker) remains terribly flawed. The same data supports a width of windshield pillars is the real problem.

Bob Wilson

11. bwilson4web

upload_2021-9-27_5-24-47.png
    • crested a hill only to discover a 'stop' sign at the bottom
    • aggressive turning remains curious ... not enough information to tell when and where
    Speculation but the safety score may be trying to 'sand bag' the FSD drivers to be more cautious. Just driving in busy traffic if you leave a larger, safe gap, other drivers will dart in front. But disconnected from the driver, the lack of immediate feedback, means the App criticism is an ineffective training tool.

Anyone recommend an App that would record more details about acceleration?

Bob Wilson

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. marshall

I don't think it's a trick. I think FSD beta is dangerous in the wrong hands, and Tesla wants to make sure folks are aware of what they perceive as good driving technique.

I think Tesla is taking a big risk in getting FSD beta testing shut down if there is any accident. The regulators are going to be watching very, very closely. I hope they are very selective, so this doesn't' happen.

What's your suggestion? Do you what an option to turn on voice feedback grade in real time?

14. bwilson4web

Something as the gap between event and score is too large. Even a beep or beep pattern would work.

Bob Wilson

15. bwilson4web

So Tesla may look for the ability to learn:
    upload_2021-9-28_10-0-30.png

Bob Wilson