Ioniq 6 spy shots

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 6' started by Domenick, Sep 23, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. There were earlier spy shots of the Ioniq 6, but since those were taken, we've learned that it was going to get some further modifications, which is sort of unusual at this stage of the game, but it looks like that was a good decision. At least, from what we can tell from these shots with camo still on.

hyundai-ioniq-6.jpg

It seems the car is going to be made slightly larger as well. "...they are going to lengthen the vehicle by 2 centimeters, making it almost 4.9 meters long, and this may or may not also be linked to the other modification they are said to be making."

Ioniq 6 was expected to debut in early 2022, but if the rumor about the delay is true, then we should see it sometime in May or June.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. J Schultz

J Schultz New Member

FINALLY! Another EV sedan. It will likely be out of my price range, but I'm glad it exists. I'm so tired of crossovers.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I sure hope the reason the Ioniq 6 has been delayed is because Hyundai forgot it was supposed to look like their Prophecy show car and they went back to the drawing board to make that fix. Why make an EV car that isn't better looking than a Tesla (which shouldn't be very difficult)?

If avoiding a crossover and a high price are your main concerns, may I suggest the MINI Cooper SE?. My MINI Cooper SE, is as far as you can get from a crossover--and I think it's still the least expensive (MSRP, anyway) EV you can buy in the US. It's the most fun car I've ever owned or even driven, but with its 110-mile range per charge, it's hard to justify as a family's only car. However, in our 2-car family, the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid is always the second-choice for both of us because both of us love driving the MINI so much.

5. J Schultz

J Schultz New Member

I'm currently leasing a 2021 Bolt EV. I love the car - fire risk and all. I'm always looking ahead to the next vehicle though.

insightman likes this.
  6. insightman

From The Auto Vision - Korean Car News Channel: the latest (2/19/22) speculations about the Ioniq 6, views of a slightly less-camouflaged Ioniq 6, and renderings by artists who think they know what the Ioniq 6 will look like when the camouflage comes off (one such rendering appears below).

Daniel Kutcher and Domenick like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

InsideEVs' Steven Loveday wrote an article about the Ioniq 6 that includes hazy speculation about the car's unveiling ("in the coming months"), but no news about its potential availability.

There were two new facts I found interesting. First, Hyundai design chief SangYup Lee confirmed the (re-)design has been finalized. Second, that design makes the Ioniq 6 taller than the sleek Prophecy concept car because of the skateboard platform (the E-GMP platform shared with the current Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 crossovers). If not in a slab beneath the cabin, where was the battery (if any) in the Prophecy?

upload_2022-4-10_11-1-53.png

Domenick likes this.
  9. Concept cars get to bend the rules, so it's hard to know whether it had a complete battery in there at all. If it did, though, it was likely in the floor.

insightman likes this.
  10. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    I like Lucid’s use of a front hump area and stacked under the rear seats to deepen the “foot garage” otherwise formally called the floor board. The Nevera used similar techniques to bring the weight more centrally located in the center. The “final” statement hopefully is just fluff because early leaks were rebuffed and those trial ballon’s quickly minimized. I’m hoping a revision explains the delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Domenick likes this.
  11. Daniel Kutcher

Daniel Kutcher New Member

This is looking similar to the Sonata, but without all the creases and edges. Bloopy. In a good way.

Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.