I feel silly, new discovery on my Clarity after 30K.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by The Gadgeteer, Sep 12, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. alter

alter Member

FYI the ICE starter is actually already a high voltage motor... it's why it doesn't sound like a dying cat whenever the ice starts like in other cars.

insightman likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

What year is your Clarity? My 2018 Touring doesn't set the parking brake automatically. It does put the car in Park automatically when I shut the car off.

4. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

Same here. I don't want the parking brake set automatically when I shift to Park but release when I put the car into D or R would be nice.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I believe the Clarity sets the parking brake automatically when you park after you've been driving with Brake Hold activated.

6. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

Yes. But I would guess most people don't usually set the brake hold since it defaults to off when the car is started up.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. NorCalPete

NorCalPete Active Member

As Insightman noted, the parking brake only sets automatically when you turn off the car with brake-hold activated. (My Clarity was built in November 2018.)

9. Frankwell

Frankwell Active Member

I use the brake hold feature all the time, I think it is a great feature. Sometimes I remember to activate it when I start driving, but usually I set it when I make my first stop, then it remains set for the duration of the drive. When turning off the car when brake hold is active you will see Brake in red letters on the display for a few seconds before the screen goes dark, indicating that the parking brake is set.

insightman likes this.
  10. Electra

Electra Active Member

One of the complains about the Nissan Leaf was it doesn't have a telescoping steering wheel. I had 2019 Leaf and switched to a 2020 Leaf Plus. I've had my car for 3 months and found out on Reddit that the 2020 models finally added the telescoping steering wheel.

11. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

the parking brake will release when you drive off in D or R but you must have your seatbelt fastened.

insightman likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. alter

alter Member

So I can confirm you do need your seat belt.. this was the reason why i sometimes dragged my wheels when trying to engage everything too quickly.

So mental note. When escaping from zombies, remember to fasten your seat belts!

NorCalPete and The Gadgeteer like this.
  14. Naughtysauce

Naughtysauce Member

Had this in our GM and discovered it in my girls Honda Accord. In the GM, at least mine, your seat belt didn't have to be on. But it's a great feature.

15. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

[​IMG]

16. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The logos say "Honda," but I can guarantee Honda didn't make those seat-belt alarm-defeat tabs.

17. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

On a related note to this.. I typically use brake assist, and during the pandemic a lot of drive through and eating in the car.

I noticed a couple of things. If stop and take off my seat belt with park assist on and on drive, the car does not switch to Parking, but puts on the parking brake. Wouldn't it make more sense to put on parking?