Hondalink requires missing update

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JustAnotherPoorDriver, Sep 9, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Anyone else have this problem? Honda link refuses to start, telling me I need to update it to the latest version, but the app store (android) tells me I'm on the latest version?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

I have no issue, the last Android update was on the 8th. Did you get that one?

4. yeah723

yeah723 New Member

Now that you mentioned it, I just open Hondalink, same situation as you. I think last time I had this situation and it took a day or 2 for play store to have the updated version.

5. Sigh I keep reminding myself that Honda's not a software company....

I'm just glad that we don't rely on the app for things like access to our vehicle

6. seconded

seconded New Member

Sometimes the update doesn't show up in the update page, but if you search for the HondaLink app itself in the Play store the update may show up there. That's happened to me for other apps from time to time.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

I think Honda hasn't figured out that it takes a few days after they submit an app update to the app stores for the update to be vetted and released for download. But, they change their servers right away to require the as yet unavailable update.

9. This is also my read. Glad it happened now, not in the dead of winter when I really do need my car to be prewarmed in the work lot....

10. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I’ve had this problem using WiFi at work. As soon as I switch my phone to use cellular network, it works.

11. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

I had that "mandatory" update yesterday on my Iphone. I could update without a problem but then the app wouldn't work. Filed a ticket with Honda and a few hours and a trip later the app worked. Haven't checked today yet.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Member

Not sure about iPhone owners but on my Pixel 2 when this happens with the HondaLink app (twice now) I go into the app settings and (1) force stop the app, then (2) clear the cache and app data. When I restart HondaLink it takes me back to the app page (which now says "Update" instead of "Open") and after updating, I start the app, log back in (login and password are saved) and carry on.

Ironically, whatever "historical" data there are in the app remain preserved (e.g., it still knows I have a Clarity). I say "ironically" as I dream of the day where the app actually tracks my charging activity, mileage, etc., instead of throwing it away on each refresh.

-Matt

baggyjp likes this.
  14. Johnhaydev

Johnhaydev Active Member

It’s working fine for me as of 9/11. iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 14.7.1 (latest version)

15. leop

leop Active Member

I am having this problem now (September 2022). Hondalink says an update is needed but none is available. Does anyone else have this problem at this time?

LP

16. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Same here. I am on 4.6.4, which is the same version on Play Store...

17. leop

leop Active Member

I finally got the update a few minutes ago. Usually this a would nt concern me but without access to the SmartCharge page, I could not charge our Clarity. The Honda Server thought the previous SmartCharge was completed and would not let any kind of new charge even start. After the update I could get in and cancel any SmartCharge and thren plug in for a normal charge.

LP

18. baggyjp

baggyjp New Member

Thank you. This worked exactly as you said it would. Problem solved.