Read Battery Capacity Yourself (Autel AP200 Breakthrough)

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by MrFixit, Nov 8, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

**** To All who have lost access to the Beta version ***

@BrianRC , @Hazem Abu Asab ,
    I contacted Autel regarding your lack of Beta access. After a long delay, they responded and indicated that your serial numbers are still OK on their servers, and you should have access.

@rreyes - I had already sent the email to Autel when you indicated that you have a problem too, but I strongly suspect that you are also still in their servers OK...

A question for you three (and any others who have this problem) - Did this happen to you when trying to get set up on a different phone?, or, did a working phone suddenly revert to the original version?

Autel is baffled, and has requested more specific information. Here is their response and questions:

Autel's Response:
    "Sorry I missed this email. Thanks for paying attention to the users comments in your Clarity forum.
    All the SNs you asked me to add beta version still are listed in server. Actually if user already downloaded the software from Internet, the Honda program v2.01.54 was stored in his own cellphone, I do not really understand what user meant the phenomenon "lost the Beta for no apparent reason, and then it was back again after a few days or weeks", the Honda logo missing from Autel MaxiAp200 ? Or just no v2.01.54 but back to its original Honda version? I would appreciate if you can help give me some photos or a small video to show this weird issue"

In order to resolve this, Autel is asking for more specific information. Especially the precise circumstances surrounding the "Loss" of the Beta version and if/when it just came back on it's own.

To All - Please try to gather as much specific information for your circumstance as you can. As far as Autel is concerned, all is fine at their end, and they need more information to help you. I will either pass along any specific information, or send you the contact that I use so you can communicate directly with them,

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    Hazem Abu Asab likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit, My problem began about a month ago with the error message you identified in message #233 of this thread. I reinstalled both Autel apps from the Google Play Store. This solved the problem with the error message, but in the Mall it shows under Honda that V2.01 is installed. I am using the same phone over this timeframe.

4. MrFixit

Thanks, I passed along your details.

5. ajzwilli

ajzwilli New Member

I am not able to get it on my upgraded phone. My old phone still has 2.01.54 on it, my new phone has 2.01. My new phone (pixel 4a 5g) is 64 bit just like my previous phone. I used my same login credentials on my new phone as my old, but have never seen anything but 2.01 on my new phone. I have had my new phone for 8 months.

6. rreyes

rreyes New Member

Mine was lost when I had to switch to a new phone due to water damage on my previous phone running the beta. Tried several times to get the beta downloaded on the new phone, but the option is not there.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ordered this yesterday scheduled to arrive Monday.

[​IMG]

Coupled with my iPhone 12 Pro Max, I should be good to go, right?

edited to add: cross-posted to the “Budget Battery Capacity Readout” thread, where it’s likely more appropriate. I’ll leave the post here, but going forward please respond to the other thread.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  9. MrFixit

Correct. Should be posted in the Budget thread since unrelated to AP200, but yes should work fine.

10. Hazem Abu Asab

Hazem Abu Asab New Member

The problem started by showing the incompatibility msg so i had uninstalled and reinstalled and no more v2.01.54 and only 2.01

Then I've tried different phone with same problem
    No v2.01.54

11. Danks

Danks Active Member

FWIW my Autel is still 2.01.54 and it still works.

bpratt and Hazem Abu Asab like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Rangavasu

Rangavasu Member

How do I get the beta version to my AP200? Serial number CAP2K6C02906. Registration Date: 08/10/2019

14. MrFixit

I will send your request to Autel...
    Be aware that I have mostly given up on Autel. They have been extremely unresponsive.

We have a total of 34 users (counting you) who have requested Beta access. I would say that most of these users successfully obtained the Beta version and are still functioning fine, but as you have probably read, there is a group (maybe a half-dozen?) who "lost" the Beta version and cannot seem to get it back. Autel acts like everything is OK at their end, and they seem to be uninterested in putting any effort into resolving these cases.

I sent them some more detailed information aout these failures on 8/20 and I have heard nothing back.
    If I hear back from them regarding your request, I will let you know, but don't hold your breath because it could be weeks (if at all).

Although the AP200 does have some advantages, my recommendation is to go with the "Budget" approach because you will not be at the mercy of a company who elected to not officially support the Clarity. If you haven't seen that thread, you will find it here:
    https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/budget-battery-capacity-readout.10531/

Rangavasu likes this.
  15. MrFixit

I sent your request to Autel along with a list of the other users who seem to have "lost" the beta version...
    After a long delay, he got back to me with this:

"Sorry late to answer you, but we do think there is probably with some bugs, our team still investiagate it, before finding out, we do not plan to release more beta softwares, probably still not working. I will keep you updated shortly"

So - Bottom line, they seem to be working on the problems we have identified. They decided to not authorize any new Beta users (@Rangavasu included) until they can further assess these problems.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    Rangavasu likes this.
  16. Rangavasu

Rangavasu Member

Thank you for the follow up MrFixit. I will keep an eye on it.

17. Rangavasu

Rangavasu Member

@MrFixit I reached out to the seller via Amazon and received the following response. Basically they want me to spend around $500 to read the battery pack capacity.

"We have gotten a reply from Autel Tech Support that AP200 can not check the battery pack capacity for your car, it is recommended that you buy Autel MK808 which can check the battery capacity on a 2018 Honda Clarity.
    -----
    MK808 comes with OBD2 full functions, all systems diagnostic functions( code read and erase, read live data and ECU information), and up to 25 service functions, which are free for all makes.
    For more information about Autel MK808, you can refer to the product link to the ASIN of B0744B55QV."

18. MrFixit

Yes - If you read this whole thread, you would have realized that the AP200 is capable of reading the battery capacity, but Autel has chosen not to support it with an official release. We reached an informal agreement with them (through the efforts in this thread) that they would allow our Forum users to use the Beta code (that I had demostrated for them).

We have known all along that their professional OBD2 tools were capable (but at a very high price, as you found).

They may overcome whatever glitch we currently have, and get your AP200 running for you. If you don't want to wait for that (no guarantee if / when it will happen), then give up on the AP200 and go with this alternative approach:
    https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/budget-battery-capacity-readout.10531/

Rangavasu and BrianRC like this.
  19. leop

leop Active Member

I was able to again download the beta version (2.01.54) this morning on a phone I obtained for testing last month. The real test will be next week when my new phone is delivered.

LeoP

Hazem Abu Asab and BrianRC like this.
  20. Success! Checked my phone just now after reading the above post and I was also able to download and install V2.01.54. Last time I checked was about a week ago. So something has happened in the interim. Hopefully others now will have success as well.

21. alter

alter Member

Thought I would provide an update about my battery capacity on my 2018 clarity with 37000km with 90% electric usage. After several months and a couple thousand km's since my 12v system reset it still is reading 55AH :/

I think I probably am the only one with this issue now.

22. leop

leop Active Member

Alter,

It is my experience that the HV battery needs to be discharged to below 30% SOC (3 bars or so) to allow the HV battery capacity to be measured and reset on the subsequent full charge. This is how laptops reset the battery capacity for their Lion batteries and how my Clarity seems to work. So, if you have not yet let your HV battery get below 30% (say 25%) SOC and then did a full charge, give this a try and see if your battery capacity is still at 55AH. If it is still at 55AH afterward, then something unusual may be the case.

LeoP

alter and Hazem Abu Asab like this.
  23. Hazem Abu Asab

Hazem Abu Asab New Member

Sounds good but sadly i still didn't get the beta version even I've uninstalled\reinstalled the vehicle data