2022 Kona EV - Any More Details?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Toolworker, May 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. It seems to me that the heat pump is omitted on vehicles destined for mild climates - "mild" as in not especially cold winters, as determined by a paper shuffler in Hyundai HQ. I think they fail to recognise that in a geographically large nation a significant part of it may NOT enjoy a "mild" climate. So the warm southern regions of US (geographical majority?) trump the cold northern regions.

That is certainly the case here. The vast majority of the Australian continent has a mild climate so we don't get the heat pump. But we do have small regions that have cold winters where a heat pump would be better available as an option at least.

Just a thought.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It really should have been made available worldwide as a build option.
    I agree classifying a whole country as "too mild a climate" was and still is a mistake on Hyundai's part. (unless Ionic 5/E-GMP changes that strategy)

OzKona likes this.
  4. Anaglypta

Anaglypta Active Member

UK
    So 2018 - 2021 Kona's shipped to the UK all had heat pumps as standard. MY2022 Kona's now ship without the heatpump as standard, but available as a cost option.

I wouldn't say that UK winters are especially cold, so the heat pump inclusion in early UK vehicles may be questionable. Probably a marketing thing.

John.

5. Ginginova

Ginginova Active Member

Here in Slovenia in 2021 heat pump is an additional cost option for lower priced packages, while before it was standard item on all packages.
    Starting price of Kona EV is now lower here, but only due to omission of few items made available at additional cost.

John Lumsden likes this.