Genesis GV670 design reveal!

Discussion in 'GV60' started by Domenick, Aug 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The exterior and interior design of the Genesis GV60 have been revealed. Sharing the E-GMP platform with the Kia EV6 and Hyundai Ioniq 5, it takes its own stylistic path.

Design is a subjective thing, and not everyone will like this one. There are some things I personally don't like about it, but believe it will look better in person.

Regarding the interior, it looks about as premium as I expected, but hoped the side-view screens might be a little more integrated.

Tell us what you think about it. Has the GV60 made your short list or does someone at Genesis need to have their pens taken away? Or maybe somewhere in between>

genesis-gv60 (1).jpg

genesis-gv60 (2).jpg

genesis-gv60.jpg

genesis-gv60-interior (1).jpg

genesis-gv60-interior.jpg

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I like the looks a lot, better than Ionic 5 and probably gets better efficiency with that front end design as well (80% thickness reduction in the winged emblem should reduce air turbulence). The DLO - daylight opening window appeals to me - if that is their new term for a sunroof). Great color also :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    Domenick likes this.
  4. Kinda looks like the Kona to me, at least from the front. I dont like these stupid camera mirrors.

5. I really like the looks of this car -- much more so than the Ioniq 5. This car is tentatively on my short list, but of course will ultimately depend on the price range and specs.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Domenick likes this.
  6. I agree. Not a fan of the camera mirrors (at least not the way it's integrated in the car). The good news is that I don't believe they are technically allowed in the US yet, so I' guessing a more traditional side mirror look when released to the US market (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Rob Fitzgerald and Domenick like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Using the magic of the Internet, I changed the color of the car to show what it would look like in a more "normal" color:

image1.png image2.png image3.png

Domenick likes this.
  9. I actually dont mind the greenish yellow colour.

10. The inductive charging that is to be trialled on the GV60 in Korea is very interesting. I hope it works so well it becomes mainstream.

electriceddy likes this.
  11. Thought I would include the source for that:
    https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1133317_exclusive-genesis-gv60-will-be-first-ev-to-include-wireless-battery-charging
    Wireless charging hardware supplied by WiTricity boasts a 90 - 93% efficiency @ 11 kW, pretty good. Also hope this becomes a "norm" in all future EVs, no more burnt charge port contacts from worn out J1772(or type 2) connectors, eliminate tripping over cluttered cables:)
    https://witricity.com/products/automotive/

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    Domenick and John Lumsden like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Jamas likes this.
  14. WiTricity now to offer an aftermarket version:

Source:
    https://insideevs.com/news/569487/witricity-aftermarket-ev-wireless-charging/

Wonder how long before one is available for my Kona EV as well as other previously manufactured EV models

Domenick likes this.