What did you do to you Clarity today?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Lucien Mcleod, Apr 27, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LAF

LAF Active Member

If you charge at night may as well stick with 120 line and save big bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

In Canada we get 50% discount, so not worth iy

4. aperson

aperson New Member

5. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

I gave the Clarity a new (to me) '15 i3 REx stable mate earlier in April, replacing my '12 Volt. Now I have two quirky cars ;)
    20180411_191817.jpg

aperson and Lucien Mcleod like this.
  6. Up graded tires to BFGoodrich - g-Force Sport COMP-2[​IMG]
    Tinted windows (35%).
    Looking at having chrome wrapped in black vinyl - mat finish over windows and gloss front and back. I am sure of covering the chrome around the windows, pretty sure I will cover the chrome on the back but I cannot decide on covering the front chrome piece(s). Thoughts?

Lucien Mcleod and Johnhaydev like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Lucien Mcleod

Lucien Mcleod Member

You should do it. I've seen some accords do that but obviously not the head turning clarity. Any pics of the tires?

9. I ditched the “4%” better mileage all season tires for a set of grippy true summer tires. Made a world of difference in handling. The car used to plow a bit in the corners. Now it is much more responsive. Stops faster in both wet and dry - bonus!

Attached Files:

Lucien Mcleod likes this.
  10. Also I did a clear chip guard on the hood (partial) and front portion of the front fenders.

Attached Files:

Lucien Mcleod likes this.
  11. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

My experience with aftermarket grippy tires on my Volt is the difference in range is more like 10 or 15%. Noticeable. Let us know how much your range drops? I would expect 4 or 5 miles. However, my personal opinion is I would always trade for a grippier tire, better stopping distance and overall handling, but my wife drives the car and doesn't care.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I have noticed a drop in the range of 5-8 km or 3-5 miles. Well worth the few extra pennies, especially when you consider your the deductible on your insurance. In the rain they handle and stop like all seasons on a sunny day. If you really nail the brakes - well they stop pretty quick. I also sold the OEM all season tires for $700, off setting the cost of $1100 (CDN) so net cost of $400 for better tires. I like to run Summer tires in the Summer and Winter tires in the Winter. That being said my wife opted for the BF Goodrich Comp 2 all season tires for her Civic this time. I was very impressed with these tires as well. Might consider them when it comes time to replace these tires.

lorem101 and Viking79 like this.
  14. Had the chrome around the windows wrapped in mat black vinyl. Still trying to decide if I should wrap the front end chrome.

Attached Files:

Lucien Mcleod, lorem101 and AlanSqB like this.
  15. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

I hate chrome. Every car should come with a no-chrome model. Those windows look great.