'19 Clarity, stumble in regen?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by el kepis, Aug 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. el kepis

el kepis New Member

I occasionally experience sort of a wheel spin/stumble when I've got some regen going via the paddles and in Sport mode.

It feels like a traction control hiccup sensation. Usually mild, but this morning was a little severe.

Anyone else experience this, and if so ever get it diagnosed?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

Wheel spin and stumble sound like completely opposite things…lol

But no, never experienced that.

JFon101231 likes this.
  4. Unfortunately, your best bet might be to try to replicate the condition with a Honda service tech in the car. I say unfortunately, because competent Honda service techs seem to be few and far between.

The only time I’ve experienced any sort of wheel spin, has been when transitioning from a steep driveway apron to a severely crowned street. With the car at a ~45 degree angle to the “valley”, I believe it was on 2 or 3 wheels for a few feet.

5. el kepis

el kepis New Member

I may have overstated the wheelspin aspect of the feeling. It's more like the rapid cycling between cutting power/applying brakes/wheelspin combo.

Like I said, usually mild. I should take note if it seems related to road conditions.

6. JFon101231

JFon101231 Active Member

Nope, can't say I have

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Ahh, this sounds like the hiccup that can occur between ABS and regen during big suspension hits (bumps, potholes, etc). I first experienced this in a Prius and every hybrid since; some are less prone (Clarity) than others.

I can replicate it by going over some bumpy railroad tracks while regenning and braking at the same time for the intersection just a few yards past them. It feels like braking force quits momentarily and then grips again in a jerky fashion.

Pooky likes this.