What did you name your Mini and why that name?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Kirk McFarland, Jun 24, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Yes I have bin mis-spelling MINI. I apologized for the confusion. Thank you all for catching my mistake. But I may have ordered a vanity plate from the state of Pennsylvania. MIMI ME look for me on the roads.

wessy, Domenick, GvilleGuy and 2 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Mine is "Météore" (the French spelling of "meteor"), basically a fast fireball in the sky. Since my SE is Chili Red I thought it was a good choice. The name came to me from the second volume (The Confusion) of a series of books called The Baroque Cycle by Neal Stephenson, taking place in the late 17th and early 18th centuries. Météore was the name of the really fast yacht used by one of the main characters, basically operating as a corsair (Mediterranean pirate).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    wessy, polyphonic, Lainey and 5 others like this.
  4. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

I feel like I just received a gratis cultural lesson!

wessy and GvilleGuy like this.
  5. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

It's all good Kirk. I think your Mini's name is really cool - 'Q E Moto'

GvilleGuy likes this.
  6. I named my MINI Interim. Since I cancelled my SE due to chip shortage I purchased a 2019 model, 13,000 miles on her, to use until I could get the car of my dreams. At least I can still have fun! I love my MINI! But I'll love my SE more. At least this one has the stereo I wanted :)
    IMG_6866.jpeg

Minicris, wessy, Newkirk and 6 others like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Honestly I would have kept my F55S as long as I could have if I had to wait for the perfect SE too. I don't blame you for waiting. Enjoy Interim until your dream car can come! Minis are the most fun to drive!!!

9. I know this thread is about naming cars, but have to tell you that my sister-in-law has named her kids after cars... Her oldset son is named Morris, then a daughter named Wilma Mercedes and then twins named Märta Mini and Aston Martin. ;)

wessy, Newkirk, F14Scott and 3 others like this.
  10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

LOL! Thanks for sharing.

11. When I receive delivery in September, I will call her Cersei, like the character in the Game of Thrones.

R-

Martha, wessy, Novadar and 1 other person like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

I like your optimism. My pessimism is starting to eat at my brain.

14. wessy

wessy Active Member

(I picked up my ‘22 SE only a few days ago, so I just shared the following info in the Delivery Stories thread before learning of this one…)

54C6B4FD-B152-43C9-A6BF-F99F47A38A6C.png

I named mine Miles because I wanted to give him a classic British name, and I especially love the way it ironically pokes fun at the SE’s famously limited range. ;)

The various meanings associated with the name Miles — dear, pleasant, gracious, merciful, soldier, servant — don’t hurt, either. Neither do its German origins, similar to a particular car of our acquaintance.

And while it didn’t factor into my naming decision, bonus points for this fun fact: The first album to come out of the so-called “electric period” of jazz great Miles Davis, probably one of the best-known historical figures to ever bear the name, was titled “In a Silent Way.” :cool:

15. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

My wife and I named our Mini Vanessa, because she is light on her feet and playful, but mainly as an inside joke from a song (Family Force 5’s Rip It Up (the pragmatic remix), , listen to the end).

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

MichaelC and wessy like this.
  16. Introducing…

Mike Wazowski

Because the little green monster is powered by smiles and laughter having given up on the screams of terror because everyone knows joyful laughs are a renewable resource.
    IMG_4251.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

LaurieS, Martha, insightman and 2 others like this.
  17. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

Apropos to nothing, but a fun fact nevertheless, I had a pilot buddy from New Jersey who called one of his girlfriends "Vanessa the Undressa."

wessy likes this.
  18. Martha

Martha Member

I have had mine for 3 weeks and we have all gravitated to SPARKY! We have yet to decide if it is a she or he lol sometimes I call say him or it ends up going to her... who knows lol

wessy, MichaelC and insightman like this.
  19. I haven’t named mine yet, argh. Whatever it is it will need to match the British male voice I use for Siri/car play

20. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Since the car is so hard to find in a parking lot, Itold my wife what I thought we should call it, to keep harmony, I settled for the time being with Deloroes. Ruth wouldnt have worked.

wessy likes this.
  21. Sully151

Sully151 Member

Well, I am pretty sure we are going with Greta.

We are going to get a license plate frame, though, that says The Electric Mayhem.

MichaelC, F14Scott and wessy like this.
  22. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

That sounds cool--unless a mean traffic cop takes note of it. When I was much younger I was caught speeding in town on my Honda 125 "motorcycle" while wearing a "Where's the Fire?" T-shirt. The traffic cop laughed at the shirt and let me off with a warning.

I had this frame made for my ELEKTRO license plate. I wanted a thin-bordered frame so I had to accept tiny characters. Also, the overhang of the hatch handle obscures the top of the frame unless one leans down to inspect it. So no one notices my frame unless I call attention to it and it's virtually unreadable by someone in the car behind me.

upload_2021-12-30_0-33-45.png

23. Love the frame @insightman, pretty cool!

insightman likes this.