US Reservations for Ioniq5

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by salant76, May 24, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Call the concierge.

What's the reservation for then? It literally has no effect. Not surprised, though.

Texas22Step and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Have you tried the Hyundai Concierge Center? 1-844-966-3434
    As best I can tell, it gives us first crack at the cars that come into dealers.

And as I said above, I'm not convinced that we are helpless regarding dealer markup. But we'll have to see.

Esprit1st likes this.
  4. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    "If you change your mind at any time before you sign a contract with the Dealer, you may cancel and request a refund of your Deposit by contacting the IONIQ 5 Insider concierge center at 844-966-3434." https://www.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/ioniq-5-reservation-terms-conditions

Texas22Step likes this.
  5. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

I hope the RWD has a smaller turning circle than that? The number you quoted is the diameter, I am assuming - if that is the radius, then that would be horrible.
    I like the heat pump, available in all models; if that is the case.
    I wonder if the Ioniq 5 has heating in all seats available? And a heated steering wheel?

6. NeilBlanchard likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mark Richards

Mark Richards Member

Thought about ordering one from another state, and start out your ownership journey with a road trip ?

pucksave and GaryClark like this.
  9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Would that mean a road trip or a flat-bed tow back to that other state when the Ioniq needs maintenance? I doubt dealers in states that weren't blessed to sell the car can perform maintenance on it.

Tony S likes this.
  10. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    Considered that as well. I think my home state Hyundai dealer would be scratching their heads if I needed anything done but it's going to eventually happen anyhow. Could be a bit of a drag if it goes over their heads and it is an EV specific issue. Relative in one of the states taking orders said I could use that address not that Hyundai would have send information but it would cover one potential issue if they needed a legitimate address. After delivery just register it in you home state and update your Hyundai account with a change of address. What are they going do? Have any other Hyundai EV owners done this? ;)

Mark Richards likes this.
  11. Mark Richards

Mark Richards Member

I didn't think about getting it serviced. That'd a good point

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. There have been a number of Hyundai Kona Electric buyer who have purchased out of state. I have not read any threads where that caused a service issue in the state where they live. The techs who work on hybrids are usually trained on BEV's as well.

If you search "out of state " in the Kona portion of this form you should find a number of threads on purchasing out of state. Probably could also find similar info in the KIA Niro forum.

GaryClark likes this.
  14. I bought in CA and lived in NV and NM. None of the dealers were EV trained, although one in Las Vegas was just getting trained.

The one here in Roswell is extremely reluctant sand said he's not going to touch it for anything EV related. Software updates excluded.

SkyShotEV likes this.
  15. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

Questioning more than a few of our local dealerships also seems a bit common issue (at least here in WA) where service plays 2nd fiddle to sales. Wiser choice as previously recommended is to get master mechanics and techs trained up.

16. Yeah, here in SE New Mexico they don't know EVs. I am having great conversations with several staff members every time I'm there. They are nice and all know me because I'm the only guy with an EV. I "trained" some sales people already, getting rid of their misconceptions that EV batteries need replacements every 3 years. If it was my business I would be embarrassed having sales people like that.

I had to pull myself together when I mentioned I wanted the Ioniq 5 and before I was able to stop her one of the sales ladies went checking that "there was one on our last truck delivery".

I then told her the difference between the Ioniq and the Ioniq 5 ...

Well, doing my best to help them out.

17. pucksave

pucksave Member

I have 3 orders in 3 different states

Tony S, GaryClark and Esprit1st like this.