KIA EV6 Reveal!

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by Domenick, Mar 13, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. restyler

restyler Active Member

Assuming you're in the US - All the above questions are answered here >> https://www.kia.com/us/en/ev6

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

Thanks - I had looked there, and they only refer to the First Edition, and they don't mention any of the points I was asking about.

4. restyler

restyler Active Member

Are we looking at the same thing? :confused:
    ev6.jpg

5. NeilBlanchard

Okay, those are for the First Edition, which is close to $59K.

6. restyler

restyler Active Member

So which version are asking about, I thought that was the only one available over there at the moment?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. NeilBlanchard

I am asking about the regular models that they will be selling. Technically, they have no models available right now.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It appears Kia may follow the MINI practice of releasing spec sheets and listing available options after the car begins shipping. MINI recently went one step further by eliminating listed options--such as the premium Harman/Kardon sound system and parking sensors--and providing rebates to buyers who ordered some of those options.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  10. restyler

restyler Active Member

Here are the models & specs available for the UK market.
    To enable a reasonable comparison because of the different taxes between the US & UK, the Kia E-Niro that sells in the US for $39,090, sells for £39,645 in the UK (probably a few things different, but has same battery & power) - so prices in $ almost same as £ - well its a reasonable guide anyway
    Screen Shot 07-22-21 at 09.02 PM.PNG

Domenick and NeilBlanchard like this.
  11. insightman

So in the UK you cannot get the Premium Relaxation Seats and a Battery Heat Pump together. The color selection on the top-trim level is limited to 3 choices? I expect the US option list will look different than this one. I didn't realize there would be 21" wheels on the top trim. Maybe someone with 19" wheels would swap with me. I would pay them.

I googled Drive Mode Integrated Control and wasn't impressed--it detects when I "repetitively operate the steering wheel." (This description was for the Kia Forte, so for the Kia EV6 the "lower gear" part would probably translate to a remapping of the accelerator pedal and the "increased engine brake performance" part to more aggressive regen braking):
    • The driving mode automatically changes to SMART SPORT when you abruptly accelerate the vehicle or repetitively operate the steering wheel (Your driving is categorized to be sporty). In this mode, your vehicle drives in a lower gear for faster accelerating/decelerating and increased engine brake performance.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. tonycpsu

tonycpsu New Member

I'm a lot less worried about range numbers when I read that the EV6 can go from 10% to 80% in under 20 minutes at DC fast chargers. All else being equal, I'd rather be able to charge in half the time than get an extra 50 or even 100 miles of range. At least where I'm at, once you get over 200 miles of range, you're never too far from a DC fast charger, and we know that availability of chargers is improving day by day. I think 800V architecture will be the norm in a couple of years, and as a Niro owner, will be very excited to see how the EV6 reviews come in once they're available in the US.

14. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    There are various opinions but you are fully aware of all your surroundings as you pull into a parking area or in this case a charging slot. It is much safer to back in at that moment fully knowing everything that’s around you as far as people walking and cars following you to back in safely. That way when you leave which typically happens after you’ve been sitting in the car for a few minutes and you have become unaware of people walking and cars moving in to blindspot‘s, you can pull forward in to that zone with no need of mirrors or cameras to detect those changes that happened while you were readying to ride. Been doing it for years with pull thru a double parking slot (no reversing) the best technique not applicable to many chargers. Best safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Domenick likes this.
  15. TonyInGA

TonyInGA Member

I read, https://www.brandonkia.com/2022-kia-ev6.htm , that the ground clearance of the EV6 is 10". But, after looking at the walk-around video, I question that number.

Anyone else?

A nice looking CUV, and is on my list for my next EV (Ariya, Lyriq, Ioniq 5 and ID.4 are the others by May 2022, I hope). But, for sure, and no matter how much I like the vehicle, NO WAY would I pay $58K (+ tax, etc) for a KIA. :eek:

16. insightman

I agree that the EV6 they'll send to the US probably won't be worth $58K. However, I suspect if they sweetened the specs (eg. 500-mile range, 0-60 in 2 seconds, fully charges in 10 minutes), you would increase your max-acceptable price "for a KIA" beyond $58K. I expect KIA will MSRP the EV 6 reasonably--then the dealers will test the maximum "market-will-bear" price.

17. TonyInGA

TonyInGA Member

I still wouldn't. ;)

Sadly, this is a big problem right now. Vehicles being sold over MSRP because people are (excuse me) dumb enough to pay it.

Just like in grocery shopping, if the price is too high, and unless a need, or die product, I'm not buying it.

GaryClark and insightman like this.